1. Call to Order.
2. Closed Session.
3. Reconvene into Open Session.
4. Certify Closed Session.
5. Pledge of Allegiance.
6. Moment of Silence.
7. Boards and Commissions: Appointments.
8. From the Public: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
a. Jessica Kitchin
b. Proclamation: Women’s Equality Day.
10. Consent Agenda (on next page).
11. 2:00 p.m. -
a. Resolution to Governor Timothy Kaine and the General Assembly of Virginia Urging an Increase in State Transportation Funding.
b. VDOT Monthly Report for July 2006.
b. Matters not Listed on the Agenda.
2:30 p.m. - Public hearings:
12. PROJECT: ZMA-2006-001. Westhall Phase V (Signs #49,59,64). PROPOSAL: Rezone 8.957 acres from R-1 Residential (1 unit/acre) to PRD Planned Residential District residential (3 - 34 units/acre). 38 single family detached units proposed at a density of gross 4 units per acre. PROFFERS: Yes. EXISTING COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Neighborhood CT4 - mixed residential and commercial uses (net 4.5 units per acre for Single family detached and attached units and duplexes; net 12 units per acre for townhouses and apartments; net 18 units per acre for mixed use). Neighborhood CT5 - mixed residential and commercial uses (net 12 units per acre for all housing types; net 18 units per acre for mixed use. CT 1 and CT 2 Preservation and Reservation Areas with net 1 unit per 20 acres. ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: No. LOCATION: Tax Map 56H Parcel A, located approximately 600 feet east of the end of Park Street (SR 1204) in the Community of Crozet. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: White Hall.
13. PROJECT: SP-2006-011. Mosby Mountain Stream Crossing (Signs #14,22). PROPOSED: Amendment to existing special use permit for fill in the floodplain to allow a culvert stream crossing. ZONING CATEGORY/GENERAL USAGE: R-1 Residential (1 unit/acre). SECTION: 30.3.05.2.1 (2); 30.3.05.2.2 (3). COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Rural Area 4 - preserve and protect agricultural, forestal, open space, and natural, historic and scenic resources/ density (0.5 unit/ acre). ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: Yes. LOCATION: Approximately 200 feet from the intersection of Ambrose Commons Drive and Old Lynchburg Road (Route 631). TAX MAP/PARCEL: 90E-A0. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Samuel Miller.
14. From the Board: Committee Reports and Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
Reconvene at 6:00 p.m.
15. PROJECT: ZMA-2000-09. North Pointe and SP-2002-72. Special Use Permit for Residential Uses. PROPOSAL: Rezone approximately 269 acres from RA Rural Area zoning district which allows agricultural, forestal, and fishery uses; residential density (0.5 unit/acre) uses to PD-MC Planned Development Mixed Commercial which allows large-scale commercial uses; and residential by special use permit (15 units/ acre). A maximum of 893 units is proposed by special use permit at a gross density of 3.31 units/acre. PROFFERS: Yes. EXISTING COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Neighborhood Density Residential – residential (3-6 units/acre) and supporting uses such as religious institutions and schools and other small-scale non-residential uses. Urban Density Residential – residential (6.01-34 units/acre) and supporting uses such as religious institutions, schools, commercial, office and service uses. Regional Service – regional-scale retail, wholesale, business and/or employment centers, and residential (6.01-34 units/acre). Office Service – office uses, regional scale research, limited production and marketing activities, supporting commercial, lodging and conference facilities, and residential (6.01-34 units/acre). ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: Yes. LOCATION: North of Proffit Road, east of Route 29 North, west of Pritchett Lane and south of the Rivanna River. TAX MAP/ PARCEL: Tax Map 32 Parcels 20, 20a, 20a1, 20a2, 20a3, 22h 22k, 23, 23a, 23b, 23c, 23d, 23e, 23 f, 23g, 23h, 23j and 29i. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Rivanna
16. PROJECT: ZMA 2002-004. Cascadia (Signs #30,91). PROPOSAL: Rezone 55.71 acres from RA (Rural Areas: agricultural, forestal, and fishery uses; residential density (0.5 unit/acre) to NMD (Neighborhood Model District - residential (3 - 34 units/acre) mixed with commercial, service and industrial uses); and rezone 5.06 acres from R-6 (Residential: 6 units/acre) to NMD to allow for up to 330 dwelling units and 20,000 square feet of non residential in a planned district. PROFFERS: Yes. EXISTING COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Neighborhood Density Residential - residential (3-6 units/acre) and supporting uses such as religious institutions and schools and other small-scale non-residential uses. ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: Yes. LOCATION: Tax Map 62, Parcel 25, Tax Map 78, Parcels 59 and 59A, and Tax Map 78E, Parcel H1 located along Route 20 North, across from Darden Towe Park, north of Fontana Drive and south of Broadus Memorial Baptist Church. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Rivanna.
17. Adjourn to August 3, 2006, 6:00 p.m., Burley Middle School Auditorium.
10.1 Approval of Minutes: January 11 (Adjourned & Regular Night), February 1 (Regular Day), February 8 (Adjourned & Regular Night), March 1 (Regular Day), March 15 (Regular Night), 2006.
10.2 Request to set public hearing to amend the Albemarle County Service Authority Jurisdictional Area for Tax Map 46, Parcel 26C1 located within the SOCA
sports facility on Polo Grounds Road.
10.3 Requested FY 2006 Appropriations.
10.4 Requested FY 2007 Appropriations.
10.5 Resolution: Amendment to HOME Consortium Cooperation Agreement.
10.6 Resolution of Intent to Establish a Regional Transit Authority in the Charlottesville-Albemarle Metropolitan Planning Organization Area.
10.7 Copy of Final Planning Commission minutes for February 28, March 28 and May 9, 2006.
10.8 Board-to-Board, communication report of activities from the Albemarle County School Board.
10.9 Copy of letter dated July 7, 2006, from John Shepherd, Manager of Zoning Administration, to Tara Boyd, re: OFFICIAL DETERMINATION OF PARCELS AND DEVELOPMENT RIGHTS -- Tax Map 122, Parcels 24 & 28 and Tax Map 123, Parcels 33 & 34 (Property of Murcielago LLC) Section 10.3.1.
10.10 Copy of letter dated July 7, 2006, from John Shepherd, Manager of Zoning Administration, to Brian S. Ray, LS, re: OFFICIAL DETERMINATION OF PARCELS AND DEVELOPMENT RIGHTS -- Tax Map 57, Parcel 81B (Property of Stillman F. Kelley II Trust) Section 10.3.1.
10.11 Copy of letter dated July 7, 2006, from John Shepherd, Manager of Zoning Administration, to Brian S. Ray, LS, re: OFFICIAL DETERMINATION OF PARCELS AND DEVELOPMENT RIGHTS -- Tax Map 64, Parcel 1 (Property of Joshua A. Popkin or Ellen Louise Popkin) Section 10.3.1.
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|