1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
4. From the Public: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
6. Consent Agenda (on next page).
7. 9:30 a.m. - Transportation Matters:
a. Discussion: Reopening Advance Mills
b. VDOT Monthly Report for June 2006.
c. Matters not Listed on the Agenda.
8. 10:00 a.m. - Update on Department of Forestry Activities, Nelson J. Shaw.
9. 10:10 a.m. - Appeal: SUB-2006-045. Glenoaks Preliminary Plat. Request for preliminary plat approval to create 19 lots (18 cluster lots and 1 preservation lot) on 305 acres as a Rural Preservation Development, as well as 11 lots (5 approx 2 acres and 6 approx 21 acres in size) on 115 acres through a by-right division. The property is zone RA (Rural Areas). The property, described as Tax Map 94, Parcels 15, 16, 1and 16A is located at the terminus of Running Deer Road (Rt 808) approx 1.14 miles from Rt 250. The Comprehensive Plan designates this property as RA in RA-4. Scottsville District.
10:45 a.m. - Recess
10. 11:00 a.m. - Resolution - Crozet Master Plan Population Estimates.
11. 11:15 a.m. – Overview of Master Planning Process and Schedule, Lee Catlin.
11:30 a.m. – Rivanna
Water and Sewer Authority (RWSA) Drought Watch Declaration.
DELETED FROM AGENDA
13. Closed Session.
14. Certify Closed Session.
15. 1:45 p.m. - Boards and Commissions: Appointments.
2:00 p.m. - Public hearings:
16. FY 2006 Budget Amendment.
17. FY 2007 Budget Amendment.
18. SP-2005-029. PRO Distribution (Sign #9). PROPOSED: Retail tire sales/service. ZONING CATEGORY/ GENERAL USAGE: LI - Light Industrial - industrial, office, and limited commercial uses (no residential use). SECTION: 188.8.131.52.13 Subordinate retail sales exceeding 15% of floor area of the main use. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Crozet Master Plan designates CT1 Development Area preservation of open space, CT3 Urban Edge: single family residential(net 3.5-6.5 units/acre) supporting uses such as religious institutions and schools and other small-scale non-residential uses, and CT4 Urban General: residential (net 4.5 units/acre single family, net 12 units/acre townhouses/apartments, net 18 units/acre mixed use) with supporting uses such as religious institutions and schools and mixed uses including retail/office ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: Yes X. LOCATION: Tax Map 56, Parcel 87, located at 5155 Three Notched Road/Route 240. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: White Hall.
19. SP-2006-007. Thomas Jefferson Parkway Parking (Signs # 57,58,65). PROPOSED: Construction of additional parking at the intersection of Thomas Jefferson Parkway (Rt 53) and Scottsville Road (Rt 20) to serve the pedestrian trail accessing Monticello. ZONING CATEGORY/GENERAL USAGE: RA - Rural Areas: agricultural, forestal, and fishery uses; residential density (0.5 unit/acre); EC, Entrance Corridor Overlay to EC Entrance Corridor/overlay to protect properties of historic, architectural or cultural significance from visual impacts of development along routes of tourist access. SECTION: 10.2.2(46) which permits Off-site parking for historic structures or sites. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Institutional uses allow for a range of public uses including schools, universities and public recreational facilities. LOCATION: The proposed parking is located on the north side of Thomas Jefferson Parkway (Rt 53) across from the existing parking area for the pedestrian trail accessing Monticello. TAX MAP/PARCEL: Tax Map 77 Parcel 25. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Scottsville.
20. ZMA-2005-014. Poplar Glen Phase II (Signs#81,83). PROPOSAL: Rezone approx. 3.636 acres from R-1 Residential zoning district which allows (1 unit/acre) to PRD Planned Residential District zoning district which allows residential 3-34 units per acre with limited commercial uses. Approximately 28 townhouse units proposed. PROFFERS: Yes. EXISTING COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Neighborhood Density Residential - residential (3-6 units/acre) and supporting uses such as religious institutions and schools and other small-scale non-residential uses and Urban Density Residential - residential (6.01-34 units/acre) and supporting uses such as religious institutions, schools, commercial, office and service uses in Neighborhood 6. ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: No. LOCATION: The south side Ivy Road (Rt 250), approx. 1/4 mile from intersection of 29/250 Bypass and Rt 250 West. TAX MAP/PARCEL: 60H/A2. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Jack Jouett.
21. ZMA-2006-004. Albemarle County Service Authority – Crozet Property (Sign #72). PROPOSAL: Request to amend a proffer to extend the sunset date from 2006 to 2016, for use of a contractor's equipment storage yard and warehouse facilities at the site. PROFFERS: Yes. EXISTING COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Crozet Master Plan Hamlet CT4 - mixed residential and commercial uses (net 4.5 units per acre for single family detached and attached units and duplexes; net 12 units per acre for townhouses and apartments; net 18 units per acre for mixed use). ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: Yes. LOCATION: 4675 Three Notch'd Road. TAX MAP/PARCEL: TM 57 Parcel 29B. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: White Hall.
22. ZTA-2006-002. Civil penalties. Ordinance to Amend Section 37.2, Civil penalty, of Chapter 18, Zoning, of the Albemarle County Code, to combine the two civil penalty schedules for zoning violations in Section 37.2(A) and Section 37.2(B) into a single civil penalty schedule, and increase the civil penalty for the first violation from one hundred dollars ($100) (current Section 37.2(A)) and fifty dollars ($50) (current Section 37.2(B)) to two hundred dollars ($200), and increase the civil penalty for each violation subsequent to the first violation arising under the same operative set of facts from two hundred fifty dollars ($250) to five hundred dollars ($500).
23. From the Board: Committee Reports and Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
24. Adjourn to July 12, 2006, 5:30 p.m., Auditorium.
6.1 Blue Ridge Farm Road Name Change.
6.2 Proposed 2007 Legislative Priorities for submission to the TJPDC and VACo 2007.
6.3 Appraisals from Round 5 ACE properties (FY 2004-05) and purchase of easements on the top six properties.
6.4 Record Retention/Destruction of Tax/Payroll Records.
6.5 Appointment of Diane Mullins as Acting Clerk to the Board of Supervisors.
6.6 Resolution to accept road(s) Dunlora 4B into the State Secondary System of Highways.
6.7 Resolution to accept road(s) Dunlora 4C into the State Secondary System of Highways.
6.8 FY 07/FY 10 Strategic Plan.
6.9 Resolution to accept the realignment of President’s Road (Route 795) into the State Secondary System.
6.10 Board to Board, Communications report of activities from the Albemarle County School Board, dated July 5, 2006.
6.11 Copy of letter dated June 12, 2006, from John Shepherd, Manager of Zoning Administration, to David W. Lewis, re: OFFICIAL DETERMINATION OF PARCELS AND DEVELOPMENT RIGHTS -- Tax Map 49, Parcel 5 (Property of Charles F. Taylor and William F. Taylor) Section 10.3.1.
6.12 Copy of draft Planning Commission minutes for May 30, 2006.
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|