June 20, 2006
Rieley and Associates
P.O. Box 2367
Charlottesville, VA 22902
RE: SP-2006-007 Thomas Jefferson Parkway Parking (Signs #57,58,65)
Tax Map 77 Parcel 25
Dear Ms. Brouse:
The Albemarle County Planning Commission, at its meeting on June 13, 2006, unanimously recommended approval of the above-noted petition to the Board of Supervisors.
Please note that this approval is subject to the following conditions:
1. The site shall be developed in general accord with the plan entitled “Concept Plan-Thomas Jefferson Parkway Parking” including the “Existing Conditions & Demolition Plan”, prepared by Rieley & Associates, revised April 2006.
2. The parking area shall be limited to 50 spaces.
3. The parking area shall not be expanded without prior approval of a new special use permit.
4. No lighting shall be permitted in the parking area.
5. The parking area shall be closed and access restricted while the park is closed by Thomas Jefferson Parkway staff. The parking area shall be opened at dawn and closed at dusk.
6. The applicants shall secure VDOT approval of the entrance from Route 20, prior to the issuance of a zoning compliance clearance for use of the site.
7. Approval by the Architectural Review Board of final plans is required and supplemental plantings may be required to screen the parking lot from Route 20 and Route 53.
Please be advised that the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors will review this petition and receive public comment at their meeting on July 5, 2006.
In addition, the Planning Commission unanimously approved the Site Plan Waiver for SP-2006-007, Thomas Jefferson Parkway Parking. Please note that this approval is subject to the following conditions:
View July 5executive summary w/attachments
View June 13 executive summary
View staff report w/attachments
View PC minutes
Return to regular agenda
If you should have any questions or comments regarding the above noted action, please do not hesitate to contact me at (434) 296-5832.
Rebecca A. Ragsdale