1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
4. From the Public: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
6. Consent Agenda (on next page).
7. 9:30 a.m. - Board to Board Presentation, School Board Chairman.
8. 9:45 a.m. - Transportation Matters:
a. Jarmans Gap Road (Route 691) Improvement Project.
b. VDOT Monthly Report for May 2006.
c. Matters not Listed on the Agenda.
9. 10:45 a.m. - Update on Sheriff Activities, Sheriff Ed Robb
11:00 a.m. - Recess
10. 11:10 a.m. - Presentation on Water Supply Option—Ragged Mountain Expansion, Tom Frederick.
11. 11:40 a.m. - Review of Options for Leachate Treatment at Ivy Landfill, Tom Frederick.
12. Closed Session.
13. Certify Closed Session.
14. 1:45 p.m. - Boards and Commissions.
2:00 p.m. - Public hearings:
15. FY 2006 Budget Amendment.
16. An ordinance to amend Chapter 2, Administration, of the Albemarle County Code, to amend Section 2-202, Compensation of board of supervisors, to increase the compensation of board of supervisor members by 3.95% effective July 1, 2006 from $13,016.00 per annum to $13,530.00 per annum.
17. ZMA-2005-010 Wachovia Bank and Shops at Rio Road (Signs #39,41): PROPOSAL: Rezone 1.836 acres from CO (Commercial Office) zoning district which allows 15 units per acre to C-1 (Commercial) zoning district which allows 15 units per acre to allow a partial redevelopment of the site and accommodate redevelopment of an adjacent parcel (Tax Map 61, Parcel 122A). No residential uses are proposed with this rezoning. PROFFERS: Yes. EXISTING COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Regional Service (regional-scale retail, wholesale, business and/or employment centers, and residential (6.01-34 units/acre) in Neighborhood One. ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: Yes. LOCATION: 1625 Seminole Trail (Wachovia Bank), near the southeastern corner of U.S. Rt. 29 and Rio Road. TAX MAP/PARCEL: Tax Map 61, Parcel 122. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Rio.
18. ZTA-2005-005 Farm Worker Housing - Amend Sections 3.1 (“Definitions”), 5 (“Supplementary Regulations”), and 10 (“Rural Areas”) of Chapter 18, Zoning, of the Albemarle County Code. This ordinance would amend Section 3.1 by defining certain terms; Section 5 by adding supplementary regulations for farm worker housing; and Section 10 by adding farm worker housing facilities for 20 or fewer occupants and having 5 or fewer sleeping structures as a by-right use (farm worker housing, Class A), and adding farm worker housing facilities for more than 20 occupants or having 6 or more sleeping structures as a use requiring a special use permit (farm worker housing, Class B), in the Rural Areas zoning district. A copy of the full text of the ordinance is on file in the office of the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors and in the Department of Community Development, County Office Building, 401 McIntire Road, Charlottesville, Virginia.
Meeting Room 2:45 p.m. - Recess and Reconvene in Room 235 p.m.
19. 2:45 p.m. – 3:15 p.m. - Work Session: Strategic Planning – Water Resources Priority.
20. 3:15 p.m. – Work Session: North Pointe rezoning.
21. From the Board: Committee Reports and Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
22. Adjourn to June 14, 2006, 3:00 p.m.
6.1 Authorize County Executive to Execute VDOT Agreement for Hillsdale Drive Pedestrian Improvement Project.
6.2 Resolution of Appropriations for the Albemarle County Operating and Capital Budgets for FY 2006/2007.
6.3 Authorize County Executive to join the Virginia Association of Counties Group Self Insurance Risk Pool for FY 2006-07.
6.4 Adopt Revision to Petty Cash Resolution.
6.5 Fiscal Impact Advisory Committee, Revision of Charter.
6.6 Resolution Concurring with and Approving the Issuance By the Industrial Development Authority of Mathews County, Virginia, of its Revenue Bond in an Amount not to Exceed $5,320,000 for Charlottesville Catholic School.
6.7 Regional Natural Hazard Mitigation Plan Resolution.
6.8 2006 First Quarter Building Report as prepared by the County of Albemarle Community Development Department.
6.9 Copy of letter dated April 25, 2006, from John Shepherd, Manager of Zoning Administration, to David W. Lewis, re: OFFICIAL DETERMINATION OF PARCELS AND DEVELOPMENT RIGHTS -- Tax Map 58, Parcel 3 (Property of David W. Lewis and Mary Alice Lewis) Section 10.3.1.
6.10 Copy of application of Virginia Electric and Power Company to revise its cogeneration tariff pursuant to PURPA Section 210 (Case No. PUE-2005-00114) (on file in Clerk's office).
6.11 Albemarle County’s draft FY 07 – 10 Strategic Plan.
6.12 Copy of draft Planning Commission minutes March 28, April 11, and April 18, 2006.
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|