1. Call to Order.
2. Work Sessions:
a. 3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. - Mountain Overlay District Committee Proposed Framework.
b. 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. - Rural Areas Implementation, Phasing, Clustering and Family Division (continued
from April 12, 2006).
3. Recess at 5:30 p.m. and Reconvene at Burley Middle School on Rose Hill Drive, Charlottesville.
4. Call to Order.
5. Pledge of Allegiance.
6. Moment of Silence.
7. From the Public: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
a. Proclamation – Emergency Medical Services Week – May 14-May 20, 2006.
b. Proclamation – Police Memorial Week – May 14-May 20, 2006.
9. Consent Agenda (on next page).
10. Ordinance to amend Chapter 8, Licenses, Article VI, Schedule of Taxes, Division IV, Personal, Professional, Business or Repair Service Business, Occupations and Professions, of the Code of the County of Albemarle, Virginia, by amending Section 8-617, Retailers or retail merchants. The proposed ordinance would reduce the license tax from twenty cents ($0.20) for each one hundred dollars ($100.00) of gross receipts to ten cents ($0.10) for each one hundred dollars ($100.00) of gross receipts for sales made to a remote buyer ordering by telephone, internet, or mail in which the item(s) sold is/are shipped by common carrier or by the U.S. Postal Service. The proposed effective date of this ordinance is January 1, 2007 (continued from May 5, 2006).
11. PROJECT: ZMA-2000-09 and SP-2002-72. North Pointe. PROPOSALS: Rezone 269.4 acres from RA Rural Areas zoning district which allows 0.5 residential units per acre & agricultural, forestal & fishery uses to PD-MC Planned District Mixed Commercial zoning district which allows large-scale commercial uses; & residential by special use permit (15 units/ acre). Approximately 675,000 square feet of commercial and office space is proposed. Special use permit to allow 893 residential units in accordance with Section 25A.2.2.1 of the Zoning Ordinance which allows for residential uses in a PD-MC Planned Development Mixed Commercial zoning district. PROFFERS: Yes. EXISTING COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Neighborhood Density Residential - residential (3-6 units/acre) and supporting uses such as religious institutions & schools & other small-scale non-residential uses. Urban Density Residential - residential (6.01-34 units/acre) & supporting uses such as religious institutions, schools, commercial, office & service uses. Regional Service - regional-scale retail, wholesale, business and/or employment centers, & residential (6.01-34 units/acre). Office Service - office uses, regional scale research, limited production & marketing activities, supporting commercial, lodging & conference facilities, & residential (6.01-34 units/acre). ENTRANCE CORRIDOR: Yes. LOCATION: North of Proffit Road, east of Route 29 North, west of Pritchett Lane & south of the Rivanna River in the Hollymead Community. TAX MAP/PARCELS: Map 32, Parcels 20, 20a, 20a1, 20a2, 20a3, 22h 22k, 23, 23a, 23b, 23c, 23d, 23e, 23 f, 23g, 23h, 23j and 29i. MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Rivanna.
12. From the Board: Committee Reports and Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
9.1 Key West Dam - Authorize an additional $180,000.00 to proceed with construction/repair.
9.2 Resolution to accept road(s) in Springridge Subdivision into the State Secondary System of Highways.
9.3 Resolution to Authorize Rivanna Water & Sewer Authority to Sign the DEQ Grant Contract and Other Appropriate Documents Related to the Source Water Planning Grant and the Regional Source Water Supply Plan.
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|