April 20, 2006
460 Premier Circle
Charlottesville, VA 22901
RE: SP 2005-035 Outdoor Furniture Display (Classic Furniture) – Signs #82, 84
Tax Map 61M, Parcel 2
Dear Mr. Cox:
The Albemarle County Planning Commission, at its meeting on April 11, 2006, unanimously recommended approval of the above-noted petition to the Board of Supervisors.
Please note that this approval is subject to the following conditions:
1. Items shall be displayed only in the areas marked for display on the plan entitled “Classic Furniture Outdoor Display” and dated 2-6-06.
2. Items displayed shall be limited to patio furniture. Beds and mattresses shall not be displayed.
3. Items for display shall not be stacked one atop another.
4. Items for display shall not be elevated anywhere on site.
5. Planters joined by black chain shall be used to delineate the boundaries of the display areas.
6. No new lighting is approved for the display areas.
7. Final approval of the site plan amendment/letter of revision is subject to Design Planner approval of the revised landscape plan (submitted with the amendment). Planting illustrated on the plan shall including the following additions to the site:
a) One 2˝” caliper tree located in the island situated at the interior of the parking row in front of the building.
b) One 2˝” caliper tree located in the island at the east end of the parking row in front of the building.
c) Evergreen screening shrubs 24” in height along the EC frontage to screen the parking lot from the EC. These shrubs shall replace the existing row of shrubs located closest to the parking spaces and shall consist of a holly that grows to a minimum of 2-3’ in height.
d) Replace the missing tree along the EC frontage with a Kwanzan Cherry at 2˝” caliper, and add another flowering Cherry in the planting bed along the EC to visually balance the replacement tree.
View executive summary
View staff report and attachments
View PC minutes
Return to regular agenda
Please be advised that the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors will review this petition and receive public comment at their meeting on May 3, 2006. The meeting will begin at 9:00 a.m. in Room 241 of the County Office Building at 401 McIntire Road.
If you should have any questions or comments regarding the above noted action, please do not hesitate to contact me at (434) 296-5832.