COUNTY OF ALBEMARLE
Proposed FY 2006 Budget Amendment
Public Hearing on the Proposed FY 2006 Budget Amendment in the amount of $2,115,736.94 and request approval of amendment and of Appropriations #2006064, #2006065, #2006066, #2006067, #2006068, #2006069, and #2006070 to provide funding for various General Government, School, and Capital programs.
Messrs. Tucker, Davis, Breeden, Wiggans; Ms. White
LEGAL REVIEW: Yes
May 3, 2006
ACTION: X INFORMATION:
The Code of Virginia §15.2-2507 stipulates that any locality may amend its budget to adjust the aggregate amount to be appropriated during the current fiscal year as shown in the currently adopted budget. However, any such amendment which exceeds one percent of the total expenditures shown in the currently adopted budget or the sum of $500,000, whichever is lesser, must be accomplished by first publishing a notice of a meeting and holding a public hearing before amending the budget. The Code section applies to all County funds, i.e., General Fund, Capital Fund, E-911, School Self-Sustaining, etc.
4.2 Fund County services in a fair, efficient manner and provide needed public facilities infrastructure.
The proposed increase of this FY 2006 Budget Amendment totals $2,115,736.94. The estimated expenses and revenues included in the proposed amendment are shown below:
General Fund $ 57,550.00
Special Revenue Funds $ 41,454.94
Education Fund $ 1,500.00
Capital Improvements Fund $ 2,015,232.00
TOTAL ESTIMATED EXPENDITURES – All Funds $ 2,115,736.94
Local Revenues $ 22,459.94
State Revenues $ 27,495.00
General Fund Balance $ 50,550.00
Other Fund Balance $ 2,015,232.00
TOTAL ESTIMATED REVENUES – All Funds $ 2,115,736.94
The budget amendment is comprised of seven (7) separate appropriations as follows:
· One (1) appropriation (#2006064) for $7,000.00 to assist with Police overtime at Foxfield;
· One (1) appropriation (#2006065) in the amount of $41,454.94 for a Fire Rescue grant to purchase Life Paks;
· Two (2) appropriations (#2006066 and #2006068) totaling $2,015,232.00 for additional funding for two CIP projects;
· One (1) appropriation (#2006067) totaling $1,500.00 for an education donation;
· One (1) appropriation (#2006069) in the amount of $30,550.00 to fund the Democratic Primary for the United States Senate; and
· One (1) appropriation (#2006070) providing $20,000 in emergency vehicle repair funds to Earlysville Volunteer Fire Company.
A detailed description of these requests is provided on Attachment A.
Staff recommends approval of the FY 2006 Budget Amendment in the amount of $2,115,736.94 after the public hearing, and then approval of Appropriations #2006064, #2006065, #2006066, #2006067, #2006068, #2006069, and #2006070 to provide funds for various General Government, School, and Capital Improvement programs as described in Attachment A.
A – List of requested appropriations
Return to regular agenda