COUNTY OF ALBEMARLE
Proposed FY 2006 Budget Amendment
Public Hearing on the Proposed FY 2006 Budget Amendment in the amount of $2,892,191.95 and request approval of amendment and of Appropriations #2006057, #2006058, #2006059, #2006060, #2006061, #2006062, and #2006063 provide funding for various General Government, School, and Capital programs.
Messrs. Tucker, Davis, Breeden, Wiggans; Ms. White
LEGAL REVIEW: Yes
April 5, 2006
ACTION: X INFORMATION:
The Code of Virginia §15.2-2507 stipulates that any locality may amend its budget to adjust the aggregate amount to be appropriated during the current fiscal year as shown in the currently adopted budget. However, any such amendment which exceeds one percent of the total expenditures shown in the currently adopted budget or the sum of $500,000, whichever is lesser, must be accomplished by first publishing a notice of a meeting and holding a public hearing before amending the budget. The Code section applies to all County funds, i.e., General Fund, Capital Fund, E-911, School Self-Sustaining, etc.
4.2 Fund County services in a fair, efficient manner and provide needed public facilities infrastructure.
The proposed increase of this FY 2006 Budget Amendment totals $2,892,191.95. The estimated expenses and revenues included in the proposed amendment are shown below:
General Fund $ 20,665.00
Education Fund $ 242,880.70
Education Programs/Grants $ 69,441.54
Capital Improvements Fund $ 2,559,204.71
TOTAL ESTIMATED EXPENDITURES – All Funds $ 2,892,191.95
Local Revenues $ 60,383.50
State Revenues $ 6,960.96
Federal Revenues $ 26,941.54
General Fund Balance $ 2,571,613.75
Other Fund Balance $ 226,292.20
TOTAL ESTIMATED REVENUES – All Funds $ 2,892,191.95
The budget amendment is comprised of seven (7) separate appropriations as follows:
· Three (3) appropriations (#2006057, #2006058, and #2006062) totaling $312,992.24 for various education programs;
· One (1) appropriation (#2006059) in the amount of $6,365.00 for additional funding for the State & Local Hospitalization Program;
· One (1) appropriation (#2006060) totaling $2,558,534.71, transferring FY05 revenue surplus and expenditure savings to CIP;
· One (1) appropriation (#2006061) providing $13,675.00 in local match funding for LiveScan equipment for the Sheriff’s Office; and
· One (1) appropriation (#2006063) totaling $625.00 for a donation to recognize and reward our fire and rescue volunteers.
A detailed description of these requests is provided on Attachment A.
Staff recommends approval of the FY 2006 Budget Amendment in the amount of $2,892,191.95 after the public hearing, and then approval of Appropriations #2006057, #2006058, #2006059, #2006060, #2006061, #2006062, and #2006063 to provide funds for various General Government, School, and Capital Improvement programs as described in Attachment A.
Return to regular agenda