COUNTY OF ALBEMARLE
Proposed FY 2006 Budget Amendment
Public Hearing on the Proposed FY 2006 Budget Amendment in the amount of $571,375.28 and request approval of amendment and of Appropriations #2006044, #2006045, #2006046, #2006047, #2006048, #2006049, #2006050, #2006051, #2006052, #2006053, #2006054, #2006055, and #2006056 provide funding for various General Government, School, and ECC Programs.
Messrs. Tucker, Breeden, Davis, Wiggans;
LEGAL REVIEW: Yes
March 1, 2006
ACTION: X INFORMATION:
The Code of Virginia §15.2-2507 stipulates that any locality may amend its budget to adjust the aggregate amount to be appropriated during the current fiscal year as shown in the currently adopted budget. However, any such amendment which exceeds one percent of the total expenditures shown in the currently adopted budget or the sum of $500,000, whichever is lesser, must be accomplished by first publishing a notice of a meeting and holding a public hearing before amending the budget. The Code section applies to all County funds, i.e., General Fund, Capital Fund, E-911, School Self-Sustaining, etc.
4.2 Fund County services in a fair, efficient manner and provide needed public facilities infrastructure.
The proposed increase of this FY 2006 Budget Amendment totals $571,375.28. The estimated expenses and revenues included in the proposed amendment are shown below:
General Fund $ 28,000.00
Local Government Programs/Grants $ 422,097.47
Education Fund $ 20,366.54
Education Programs/Grants $ 81,536.05
ECC $ 19,375.22
TOTAL ESTIMATED EXPENDITURES – All Funds $ 571,375.28
Local Revenues $ 32,311.76
State Revenues $ 91,842.56
Federal Revenues $ 406,676.79
General Fund Balance $ 28,000.00
Other Fund Balance $ 12,544.17
TOTAL ESTIMATED REVENUES – All Funds $ 571,375.28
The budget amendment is comprised of fifteen (15) separate appropriations, two (2) of which have already been approved by the Board as indicated below:
Approved February 1, 2006:
· One (1) appropriation (#2006042) totaling $15,200.00 for the CERT Grant; and
· One (1) appropriation (#2006043) in the amount of $650.00 for various education programs.
The twelve (12) new appropriations are as follows:
· One (1) appropriation (#2006044) totaling $16,710.29 to transfer funds from the Kelly Watt Scholarship Fund;
· One (1) appropriation (#2006045) in the amount of $1,000.00 for education donations;
· One (1) appropriation (#2006046) to provide $4,175.22 to upgrade ECC' records management software;
· Three (3) appropriations (#2006047, #2006049, #2006050) for Social Services grants totaling $89,206.00;
· One (1) appropriation (#2006048) in the amount of $199,245.00 for a Police Department grant;
· One (1) appropriation (#2006051) for various education programs and donations totaling $83,542.30;
· One (1) appropriation (#2006052) transferring $4,167.00 from the Board reserve for the TJPED membership for FY06;
· One (1) appropriation (#2006053) totaling $9,458.47 reappropriating fund balances and current year proceeds received in the Drug Seized Assets accounts;
· Two (2) appropriations (#2006054 and #2006055) totaling $124,188.00 for grants awarded to the Commission on Children and Families; and
· One (1) appropriation (#2006056) in the amount of $28,000.00 funding the Citizen Survey.
A detailed description of these requests is provided on Attachment A.
Staff recommends approval of the FY 2006 Budget Amendment in the amount of $571,375.28 after the public hearing, and then approval of Appropriations #2006044, #2006045, #2006046, #2006047, #2006048, #2006049, #2006050, #2006051, #2006052, #2006053, #2006054, #2006055, and #2006056 to provide funds for various General Government, School, and ECC programs as described in Attachment A.
View Attachment A
Return to regular agenda