December 19, 2005
301 E. High Street
Charlottesville, VA 22902
RE: ZMA 2003-008 Woodbrook Station (formerly titled “Rio Hills”) – Signs #65,66,67
Tax Map 45 Parcel 94A
Dear Mr. McCardle:
The Albemarle County Planning Commission, at its meeting on December 6, 2005, unanimously recommended approval of the above-noted petition to the Board of Supervisors.
Please note that this approval is subject to the provisions outlined in the staff report and the Commission expectations as outlined by Mr. Cilimberg as will be refined and presented to the Board of Supervisors:
· A proffer as offered by the applicant of $1,725 per unit times 8 units for affordable housing.
· The architectural standards should be specified more clearly in the Code of Development, potentially through photographs that show examples.
· The easements that have been signed off should be added to the Code of Development as attachments.
· Clarify the statement of uses in the Code of Development to state the specific by right and special use permit uses.
· Affirm the amenities in the green space and note exactly what they are in the Code of Development.
· Specify the construction standards for the stairway, sidewalk and privacy fence in the Code of Development.
· Reference the general development plan by date.
Action on Waiver #1 regarding omission of trees:
The Planning Commission voted unanimously to grant the waiver from the omission of the forest street trees for ZMA-2003-008, Woodbrook Station, based upon the justification on the conflict for the utilities.
Action on Waiver #2 regarding housing type:
The Planning Commission voted unanimously to grant the waiver to provide one housing type within this infill project due to its small size, unusual shape and justification provided in the staff report.
View Dec 6 executive summary
View staff report and attachments
View PC minutes
Return to January 11 exec summary
Please be advised that the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors will review ZMA-2003-008 Woodbrook Station and receive public comment at their meeting on January 11, 2006. Any new or additional information regarding your application must be submitted to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at least seven days prior to your scheduled hearing date.
If you should have any questions or comments regarding the above noted action, please do not hesitate to contact me at (434) 296-5832.