COUNTY OF ALBEMARLE
ZMA-2003-008 Woodbrook Station
Parkside I LLC has requested a rezoning for approximately 1.21 acres from Planned Development Shopping Center - PD-SC zoning district to Neighborhood Model District - NMD for a combination of residential and commercial uses located on Berkmar Drive [Route # 1403] approximately .75 miles from the intersection of Berkmar Drive and Rio Road
Cilimberg, Echols, Grant
January 11, 2006
ACTION: X INFORMATION:
First Interstate Charlottesville Limited Partnership/Parkside I LLC represented by George Ray
On December 6, 2005, the Planning Commission reviewed the rezoning request by Parkside I LLC at a public hearing. The Commission recommended approval with the following additional information to be provided prior to the Board of Supervisors hearing:
· A proffer of $1,725 per unit for affordable housing.
· The architectural standards be specified more clearly in the Code of Development, potentially through photographs that show examples.
· Graphic representation of existing easements which should be added to the Code of Development as attachments.
· The Code of Development should state the specific by- right and special use uses.
· Affirmation of the amenities in the green space specified in the Code of Development.
· Specify the construction standards for the stairway, sidewalk and privacy fence in the Code of Development.
· Reference the general development plan by date.
The Planning Commission voted unanimously to grant the waiver of the street tree requirement based upon utilities conflicts. They recommended a waiver be granted to provide one housing type within this infill project due to its small size, unusual shape and justification provided in the staff report.
The requested proffer changes have been completed and have been revised per the recommendations of the County Attorney. Attachment A contains the proffers dated January 3, 2006. Attachment B contains the General Development Plan dated February 12, 2004, and revised October 24, 2005. Attachment C contains the Code of Development dated October 24, 2005, and revised January 4, 2006. Attachment D contains a Memo of needed changes dated January 3, 2006. Minor changes to the Code of Development are still needed which staff anticipates having prior to the Board of Supervisors meeting. None of the changes are substantive (See Attachment D).
Staff can recommend approval subject to the proffers being acceptable in form to the County Attorney and subject to the changes in Attachment D.
Attachment A: Proffers dated January 3, 2006
Attachment B: General Development Plan dated February 12, 2004, and revised October 24, 2005
Attachment C: Code of Development dated October 24, 2005, and revised January 3, 2006
Attachment D: Memo of needed changes dated January 3, 2006.
Go to PC actions letter
Return to regular agenda