1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
4. Election of Chairman.
5. Election of Vice-Chairman.
6. Appointment of Clerk and Senior Deputy Clerk.
7. Set Meeting Times, Dates and Places for Calendar Year 2006.
8. Set Dates for Hearing Zoning Text Amendments Requested by Citizens.
9. Rules of Procedure, Adoption of.
10. Boards and Commissions Policy, Adoption of.
a. Robert Walters.
b. Delegate Mitch Van Yahres.
12. From the Public: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
13. Consent Agenda (on next sheet).
14. 9:30 a.m. - Transportation Matters.
a. Six Year Secondary Road (continued from December 7, 2005).
b. VDOT Monthly Report for December 2005.
c. Transportation Matters not Listed on the Agenda.
15. 10:00 a.m. – Presentation: Department of Social Services Annual Report.
16. 10:10 a.m. – Discussion: Creation of Community Development Authorities or Service Districts.
10:30 a.m. – Recess.
17. 10:40 a.m. – Update on removal of signs in VDOT right-of-way.
18. 11:00 a.m. – Discussion: Overlot grading.
19. 11:20 a.m. – Discussion: Old Trail Village and Crozet Master Plan Build-Out Potential.
20. Closed Session.
21. Certify Closed Session.
22. Boards and Commissions:
2:00 p.m. – Public Hearings:
23. Proposed FY 2006 Budget Amendment.
24. To amend the Jurisdictional Area Boundary of the Albemarle County Service Authority to provide water and sewer service to Tax Map 55, Parcel 50 (Chitester property), an approximate 2-acre parcel located in the Crozet community on the W side of Buck Rd (Rt 789), near its intersection with St. George Avenue. White Hall Dist.
25. An ordinance to amend Chapter 15, Taxation, of the Albemarle County Code, by adding Section 15-1103, Personal property tax relief. The proposed ordinance would adopt the specific criteria for the allocation of the Commonwealth’s payments to the County under the Personal Property Tax Relief Act of 1998. For qualifying vehicles with assessed values of $1,000 or less, relief would be provided for 100% of the personal property tax. For qualifying vehicles with assessed values of more than $1,000, relief would be provided at an equal percentage fixed annually and applied to the first $20,000 in value of each such qualifying vehicle calculated so as to fully use all available state PPTRA relief. In addition, the County would be authorized to issue supplemental personal property tax bills in the full amount of tax due, without regard to any former entitlement to state PPTRA relief, plus applicable penalties and interest, for unpaid personal property taxes for tax years prior to 2006. The proposed effective date of this ordinance is January 1, 2006.
26. ZMA-2004-017. Wickham Pond (Sign #64). Request to rezone 20.52 from RA to NMD to allow combination of 107 single -family detached & condominium/townhouse residential units. TM 56 P 92. Loc on 5023 Three Notch'd Rd (Rt 240) approx 1,000 ft from intersec of Rt 240 & Highlands Drive, also known as entrance to The Highlands Subdivision. (The Crozet Master Plan of the Comp Plan designates this property as Development Area Preserve [CT-1], Urban General [CT-4] & Urban Edge [CT-3]. White Hall Dist (deferred from December 7, 2005).
27. SP-2005-010. Bart Neumann - Boat Dock 315 Rivanwood Place (Sign #42). PROPOSED: Private boat dock on the South Fork Rivanna Reservoir. ZONING CATEGORY/GENERAL USAGE: RA -- Rural Areas: agricultural, forestal, and fishery uses; residential density (0.5 unit/acre); FH--Flood Hazard: overlay to provide safety and protection from flooding. SECTION: 30.3.05.2.1(2) Water Related Uses within the Floodway. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Rural Areas - preserve and protect agricultural, forestal, open space, and natural, historic and scenic resources/density (.5 unit/acre). LOCATION: Dock to be placed at west side of the Reservoir (TMP 45-67A), approximately 0.60 mile upstream of the Earlysville Road (Route 743) bridge crossing. Dock to serve Neumann property (TMP 45-185). MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Rio.
28. SP-2005-030. Michael Caplin Boat Dock (Sign #47). PROPOSED: Private boat dock on the South Fork Rivanna Reservoir. ZONING CATEGORY/GENERAL USAGE: RA -- Rural Areas: agricultural, forestal, and fishery uses; residential density (0.5 unit/acre); FH--Flood Hazard: overlay to provide safety and protection from flooding. SECTION: 30.3.05.2.1(2) Water Related Uses within the Floodway. COMPREHENSIVE PLAN LAND USE/DENSITY: Rural Areas - preserve and protect agricultural, forestal, open space, and natural, historic and scenic resources/density (.5 unit/acre). LOCATION: Dock to be placed at west side of the Reservoir (TMP 45-67A), approximately 0.70 mile upstream of the Earlysville Road (Route 743) bridge crossing. Dock to serve Caplin property (TMP 45-187). MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Rio.
29. SP-2004-004 Lewis & Clark Exploratory Center (Sign #89,92,94). Request to allow establishment of the Lewis and Clark Exploratory Center of Virginia, in accord w/Zoning Ord Secs 10.2.2.49 & 184.108.40.206, which allow for historical center & modification to Sec 5.1.42. In addition to 15,000 sq ft bldg, trails & constructed exhibits are proposed. Special events & festivals may also be requested. The park property, TM 62 P 23, contains total of approx 102 acres. Znd RA, R-1, EC & FHO. The proposed site is located on approx 18 acres at northern end of Darden Towe Park, on W side of Stony Point Rd (Rt 20 N), approx one-half mile N of intersec w/Richmond Rd (Rt 250 E). Rivanna Dist.
3:00 p.m. - Work Sessions:
30. FY07-FY11 Strategic Plan.
31. North Pointe Rezoning Status.
32. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
33. Adjourn to January 11, 2006, 3:00 p.m., Meeting Room 235.
13.1 Approval of Minutes: June 1, 2005.
13.2 Request by Qwest Communications Corporation for Underground Right-of-way License for facilities at Darden Towe Park.
13.3 Copy of the Albemarle County Service Authority’s Comprehensive Annual Financial Report for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2005.
13.4 Copy of Albemarle County Service Authority Board of Directors minutes for October 20, 2005.
13.5 Copy of notice of application, dated November 8, 2005, of Columbia Gas of Virginia, Inc., filed with the State Corporation Commission, re: for authorization to implement a gas cost hedging program (Case No. PUE-2005-00087).
13.6 Copy of notice of application, dated November 18, 2005, of joint petition of Level 3 Communications, LLC., Leucadia National Corporation and WilTel Communications Group, LLC, filed with the State Corporation Commission, re: for approval of an indirect transfer of control of WilTel Communications of Virginia, Inc. (Case No. PUC-2005-00152).
13.7 Copy of letter dated December 19, 2005 from John Shepherd, Manager of Zoning Administration, to John Griffin, Zobrist Law Group, re: Official Determination of Development Rights and Parcels – Tax Map 27, Parcel 16 (property of Adam C. and Mary L. Wyant, Trustees of the Adam C. Wyant Revocable Trust) - Section 10.3.1.
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|