1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
4. From the Public: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
6. Consent Agenda (on next page).
7. 9:20 a.m. - Transportation Matters:
a. Work Session: Six Year Secondary Road Plan.
b. VDOT Monthly Report for November, 2005.
c. Transportation Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
10:30 a.m. – Recess.
8. 10:40 a.m. - Bright Stars Annual Report.
9. 10:50 a.m. – Commission on Children and Families Annual Report.
10. 11:00 a.m. – Personal Property Tax Relief Update.
11. 11:15 a.m. - Policy on Submission of Materials for Zoning Applications (deferred from November 9, 2005).
12. 11:35 a.m. - Transportation Strategies (continued from November 9, 2005).
13. Closed Session.
14. Certify Closed Session.
15. Boards and Commissions:
2:00 p.m. – Public Hearings:
16. To consider proposed ordinance to amend County Code Chapter 9, Motor Vehicles and Traffic, Article IV, County Vehicle Licenses, to replace current annual vehicle decal with permanent vehicle decal and to replace current annual vehicle license fee with annual vehicle license tax of same amount.
17. To consider proposed ordinance to amend County Code Chapter 15, Taxation, Article VII, Real Estate Exemptions for Certain Elderly and Disabled Persons.
18. To consider proposed ordinance to amend County Code Chapter 9, Motor Vehicles and Traffic, Article I, In General, Section 9-114, Removal and disposition of abandoned or unattended vehicles, to conform time requirements for removal of such vehicles to state law.
19. To consider proposed ordinance to amend County Code Chapter 4, Animals and Fowl, Article II, to classify permitting a dog to run at large as a Class 4 misdemeanor and to increase the maximum fine to $250.00.
20. SP-2005-011. Rio East Commercial Area (Signs #45,49). Request for minor amendment to SUP to allow slightly larger veterinary office & hospital than what was shown on the "sketch" plan that was part of the previously approved SP-2003-58 in accord w/Sec 25A.2.2 of the Zoning Ord which allows for uses by SUP in C-1, CO & HC districts, which veterinary office & hospital is one of those uses. TM 61 P 124A, contains approx 2.137 acs. Znd PDMC. Loc on Rio East Ct (private), approx .1 mls from intersec of Rio East Ct & Rio Rd East (Rt 631). Rio Dist.
21. SP-2005-021. American Spirit Institute (Sign #75). Request to allow use of private school in accord w/Sec 22.214.171.124 of the Zoning Ord which allows private schools in CO. TM 61 P 27, contains approx 0.835 ac. Znd EC. Loc at 2776 Hydraulic Road, near corner of Hydraulic Rd & Whitewood across from Albemarle High School. Jack Jouett Dist.
22. ZMA-2005-012. Sandridge (Signs #59,71). Request to rezone .68 acs from R-2 to R-4 to allow creation of add’l lot & construction of single-family dwelling. The R-4 district allows up to 6 du/ac. Property loc at 5709 Wayland Dr. TM 56A1, Sec 2, Block A, P 3, between Wayland Dr (Rt 1216) & St George Ave (Rt 1202), approx 200 feet E of Crozet Ave (Rt 810). (Property in the Community of Crozet as designated in the Comp Plan. The Crozet Master Plan designates the property as Urban General (CT 4), which is intended to support the center of downtown with variety of residential types & mixture of residential & commercial uses. Maximum allowed residential density is 4.5 du/ac for single family detached, single family attached & duplexes; up to 12 du/ac for townhouses & apartments; & up to 18 du/ac in mixed use setting. There is a concurrent subdivision application [SUB-2005-00274] for this property.) White Hall Dist.
23. ZMA-2004-011. Charlottesville Power Equipment (Sign #37). Request to rezone approx 2.142 acs from C-1 (Commercial) to HC (Highway Commercial) to allow 12,000 square feet of commercial space in two buildings with proffered plan. The proposal also includes requests for special use permits for fill in the floodplain & for outdoor sales & display in an Entrance Corridor (see SP-2004-36 & SP-2004-37 below). TM 78, Ps 4A1 & 4B, is located in the Rivanna Magisterial District on the northwest corner of intersec of Rt 20 & Rt 250 East behind McDonald's Restaurant. The Comprehensive Plan designates these lands as regional service in the Neighborhood Three (Pantops) Development Area. General usage for regional service is regional-scale retail & service, wholesale, office, lodging & conference, employment center, & residential (6 - 34 units/acre). General usage within the C-1 commercial zoning district permits retail sales, service, public use & residential by special use permit (15 units/acre). General usage within the HC zoning district permits commercial & service uses & residential use by special use permit (15 units/acre).
24. SP-2004-036. Charlottesville Power Equipment (Sign #37). Request to allow fill in the floodplain in accord w/Sec 30.3.05.2.2(3) of the Zoning Ord which allows for filling of land. See concurrent requests, ZMA-04-11 & SP-04-37.
25. SP-2004-037. Charlottesville Power Equipment (Sign #37). Request to allow outdoor sales & display associated with permitted uses, which would be visible from an Entrance Corridor Street in accord w/Sec 126.96.36.199(b) of the Zoning Ord. See concurrent requests, ZMA-04-11 & SP-04-36.
3:30 p.m. - Work Sessions
26. CPA-2005-001. Land Use Plan Transportation Update. Proposal to amend the Transportation Section of the Comp Plan to include, but not limited to, references & updated information based on adopted regional transportation plans.
27. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
6.1 Approval of Minutes: November 3 and December 1, 2004; June 1, August 3, August 10(N), September 14(A) and September 14N, 2005.
6.2. ZMA-2004-017. Wickham Pond (Sign #64). (Defer to December 14, 2005).
6.3 Requested FY 2006 Appropriations.
6.4 Request to set public hearing to amend the Jurisdictional Area Boundary of the Albemarle County Service Authority to provide water and sewer service to Tax Map 55, Parcel 50 (Chitester property) located in the Crozet Community.
6.5 Draft 2006 Thomas Jefferson Planning District Commission Legislative Program.
6.6 “Watch for Child Playing” Sign Request for Albert Court (Route 1491) located in Camellia Garden Subdivision.
6.7 Resolution to accept road(s) in Springridge Subdivision into the Secondary System of State Highways.
6.8 Resolution to accept road(s) in Stonegate, Phases B & C, Subdivision into the Secondary System of State Highways.
6.9 2005 Third Quarter Building Report as prepared by the Department of Community Development.
6.10 Copy of September 15, 2005 minutes of the Albemarle County Service Authority Board of Directors.
6.11 Copy of letter dated November 4, 2005 from John Shepherd, Manager of Zoning Administration, to Paul and Julia Given, re: Official Determination of Development Rights and Parcels – Tax Map 97, Parcel 19 (property of Paul and Julia Given) - Section 10.3.1.
6.12 Copy of letter dated November 3, 2005 from John Shepherd, Manager of Zoning Administration, to Alice Nye Fitch, re: Official Determination of Development Rights and Parcels – Tax Map 20, Parcels 3A and 3C7 (property of Eleanor C. Godsey, Trustee) - Section 10.3.1.
6.13 Copy of letter dated November 4, 2005 from John Shepherd, Manager of Zoning Administration, to Brian S. Ray, re: Official Determination of Development Rights and Parcels – Tax Map 86, Parcel 27 (property of Boaz Mountain LLC) - Section 10.3.1.
6.14 Copy of First Quarter Report for JAUNT services for FY 2006.
6.15 Copy of Charlottesville-Albemarle Convention and Visitors Bureau ROI (Return on Investment) Report Card.
6.16 Human Resources Annual Report.
6.17 Copy of application (Case No. PUE-2005-00090) of Appalachian Power Company filed with the State Corporation Commission to revise its fuel factor pursuant to §56-249.6 of the Code of Virginia.
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|