1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
4. From the Public: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
6. Consent Agenda (on next page).
7. 9:15 a.m. - Board to Board Presentation, School Board Chairman.
8. 9:30 a.m. - Transportation Matters:
a. VDOT Primary Road Policy.
b. VDOT Monthly Report for October, 2005.
c. Matters not Listed on the Agenda.
9. 10:00 a.m. – 2006 Draft Thomas Jefferson Planning District Commission Legislative Program, David Blount.
10. 10:15 a.m. - Water Supply Update – Ragged Mountain/Urban Pipeline Option.
10:30 a.m. - Recess
11. 10:40 a.m. - Reports:
a. YMCA Recreation Facility Report.
b. Historic Preservation Committee Status Report.
c. Community Development Authorities.
12. 11:30 a.m. - Discussion: Real Estate Tax Exemption for Certain Elderly and Disabled Persons.
13. 11:45 a.m. - FY06 First Quarter Financial Report.
14. 11:55 a.m. - Report from Police Chief John Miller.
15. 12:30 p.m. - Closed Session.
16. Certify Closed Session.
17. Boards and Commissions:
2:00 p.m. – Public Hearings:
18. SP-2005-019. Buck's Elbow Mountain - Ntelos (WBP701) (Signs #35,36). Request to allow attachment of 6-foot long, 11.7-inch wide antenna supporting portable wireless broadband services on existing structure. The antenna will be attached with an extension rod extending 9 ft above the structure, which will result in total top height of approx 42-ft above ground level & 3153 above mean sea level (AMSL). This request is being made in accord w/Sec [10.2.2.48] of the Zoning Ord, which allows for Tier III personal wireless service fac in the RA zoning dist. TM 39, P 1E, contains 0.22 acs. RA. Loc on Buck's Elbow Mountain, approx 3-1/2 mls NE of intersec w/Jarman's Gap Rd (Rt 611). White Hall Dist.
19. ZTA-2005-008. Entrance Corridor. Ordinance to amend Sec 30.6.2, Application, of Chap 18, Zoning, of the Albemarle County Code, to add segment of St Rt 631 (East Rio Rd) from US Rt 29 N easterly to Norfolk Southern Railway tracks, as a highway upon & along which an entrance corridor overlay district is established.
20. ZMA-2005-016. Entrance Corridor. Proposed amendment to Chapter 18, Zoning, of the Albemarle County Code, to amend zoning map to establish entrance corridor overlay district (Sec 30.6 of Chapter 18 of the Albemarle County Code) upon each parcel of land contiguous to that segment of St Rt 631 (East Rio Rd) from US Rt 29 N easterly to Norfolk Southern Railway tracks, from edge of St Rt 631 right-of-way to the greater of either: (1) the full depth of each parcel, as that parcel existed on October 3, 1990; or (2) to a depth of 500 feet. This proposed amendment would not affect the general usage & density range authorized by the applicable underlying zoning district regulations for each parcel. The general usage & density range of the 6 land use designations in the comprehensive plan along this segment of St Rt 631 are as follows: (1) neighborhood density residential (residential, 3-6 units/acre, & supportive uses such as religious institutions & schools & other small-scale non-residential uses); (2) urban density residential (residential, 6-34 units/acre, & supportive uses such as religious institutions, schools, commercial, office & service uses); (3) neighborhood service (neighborhood-scale retail, wholesale, office, service, & residential, 6-34 units/acre); (4) community service (community-scale retail & service, wholesale, office, employment center, & residential, 6-34 units/acre); (5) regional service (regional-scale retail, wholesale & service, office, lodging & conference, employment center, & residential, 6-34 units/acre); & (6) office service (office parks, supportive commercial & service, lodging & conference, limited production activities, & residential, 6-34 units/acre.
Recess and Reconvene in Meeting Room 235
2:30 p.m. - Work Sessions:
21. CPA-2005-001. Land Use Plan Transportation Update. Proposal to amend the Transportation Section of the Comp Plan to include, but not limited to, references & updated information based on adopted regional transportation plans.
22. Financial Condition Evaluation FY99/00-03/04.
23. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
4:00 p.m. - Joint Meeting with Planning Commission:
24. Places29 - to discuss and give feedback to the consultant on the Vision and Guiding Principles.
25. Adjourn to November 9, 2005, 3:30 p.m., Joint Meeting with Planning Commission.
Approval of Minutes: November 3 and December 8, 2004; April 18A, May 4, June 1,
July 13, August 9A, August 10A and August 10N, 2005.
6.2 Resolution to authorize the Region Ten Community Services Board to act as its own Fiscal Agent.
6.3 Reappraisal of Round 4 ACE properties.
6.4 Resolution to accept road(s) in Murray Subdivision into the State Secondary System of Highways.
6.5 Resolution to accept road(s) in Forest Lakes South, Phase 3, Block P, Subdivision into the State Secondary System of Highways.
6.6 Submittal Policy for Zoning Applications.
6.7 Notice from the Auditor of Public Accounts, Commonwealth of Virginia, of review of the Commonwealth collections and remittances of the Director of Finance and Sheriff of the County of Albemarle for the year ended June 30, 2005.
6.8 Copy of minutes of the Albemarle County Service Authority Board of Directors for August 18, 2005.
6.9 Groundwater Monitoring Program Implementation.
6.10 Strategic Plan Results from September 9, 2005 Retreat.
6.11 Copy of Planning Commission minutes for August 30, 2005.
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|