October 12, 2005
Ntelos Network, Inc.
1900 Roanoke Road
Daleville, VA 24083
RE: SP-2005-019 Buck’s Elbow Mountain-Ntelos (WBP701) (Signs #35, 36)
Tax Map 39 - Parcel 1E
Dear Ms. Walker:
The Albemarle County Planning Commission, at its meeting on October 4, 2005, unanimously recommended approval of the above-noted petition to the Board of Supervisors.
Please note that this approval is subject to the following conditions:
1. The antenna, mounting pole, microwave dish and ground equipment shall all be sized, located, installed and maintained in general accord with the construction plans, structure elevations and schematic drawings, entitled “Telecommunications Facility Co-location, Bucks Elbow Mountain - Waynesboro/Crozet (WBP701), Crozet, Virginia 22932”, last revised August 12, 2005 and initialed SBW on September 20, 2005.
2. Prior to the issuance of a building permit, the applicant shall submit a final revised set of site drawings construction of the facility. Planning staff shall review the revised plans to ensure that all appropriate conditions of this special use permit have been addressed.
3. The top of the omni-directional antenna shall not exceed an elevation of 3157 feet.
4. The facility shall be disassembled and removed from the site within ninety (90) days of the date its use for personal wireless service purposes is discontinued. If the agent determines at any time that surety is required to guarantee that the facility will be removed as required, the agent may require that the parcel owner or the owner of the facility submit a certified check, a bond with surety, or a letter of credit, in an amount sufficient for, and conditioned upon, the removal of the facility. The type and form of the surety guarantee shall be to the satisfaction of the agent and the county attorney. In determining whether surety should be required, the agent shall consider the following: (i) the annual report states that the tower or pole is no longer being used for personal wireless service facilities; (ii) the annual report was not filed; (iii) there is a change in technology that makes it likely that tower or pole will be unnecessary in the near future; (iv) the permittee fails to comply with applicable regulations or conditions; (v) the permittee fails to timely remove another tower or pole within the county; and (vi) whenever otherwise deemed necessary by the agent.
5. The owner of the facility shall submit a report to the agent by no earlier than May or and no later than July 1 of each year. The report shall identify each user of the existing structure, and include a drawing, photograph or other illustration identifying which equipment is owned and/or operated by each personal wireless service provider. Multiple users on a single tower or other mounting structure may submit a single report, provided that the report includes a statement signed by a representative from each user acquiescing in the report.
6. The following shall be submitted to the agent after installation of the monopole is completed and prior to issuance of a certificate of occupancy: (i) certification by a registered surveyor stating the height of the monopole, measured both in feet above ground level and in elevation above mean sea level, using the benchmarks or reference datum identified in the application; and (ii) certification stating that the lightning rod’s height does not exceed two (2) feet above the top of the monopole and width does not exceed a diameter of one (1) inch.
View staff report and attachments
View PC minutes
Return to regular agenda
Please be advised that the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors will review this petition and receive public comment at their meeting on November 2, 2005. Any new or additional information regarding your application must be submitted to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at least seven days prior to your scheduled hearing date.
If you should have any questions or comments regarding the above noted action, please do not hesitate to contact me at (434) 296-5832.
Zoning and Current Development Division