COUNTY OF ALBEMARLE
Proposed FY 2006 Budget Amendment
Public Hearing on the Proposed FY 2006 Budget Amendment in the amount of $44,027,649.04 and request approval of amendment and of Appropriations #2006012, #2006018, #2006019, #2006020, #2006021, #2006022, #2006023, #2006024, #2006025, #2006026 and #20006027 to provide funding for various General Government, School, and Capital Programs.
Messrs. Tucker, Davis, Breeden, Wiggans; Ms. White
LEGAL REVIEW: Yes
October 5, 2005
ACTION: X INFORMATION:
The Code of Virginia §15.2-2507 stipulates that any locality may amend its budget to adjust the aggregate amount to be appropriated during the current fiscal year as shown in the currently adopted budget. However, any such amendment which exceeds one percent of the total expenditures shown in the currently adopted budget or the sum of $500,000, whichever is lesser, must be accomplished by first publishing a notice of a meeting and holding a public hearing before amending the budget. The Code section applies to all County funds, i.e., General Fund, Capital Fund, E-911, School Self-Sustaining, etc.
4.2 Fund County services in a fair, efficient manner and provide needed public facilities infrastructure.
The proposed increase of this FY 2006 Budget Amendment totals $44,027,649.03. The estimated expenses and revenues included in the proposed amendment are shown below:
General Fund $ 873,680.38
Local Government Programs/Grants $ 93,349.05
Education Fund $ 9,550.00
Education Programs/Grants $ 119,882.00
ECC Projects $ 7,261,207.90
Capital Improvement Program $ 35,669,979.71
TOTAL ESTIMATED EXPENDITURES – All Funds $ 44,027,649.04
Local Revenues $ 2,042,211.20
State Revenues $ 217,561.00
Federal Revenues $ 3,037,676.36
Loan Proceeds $ 7,015,000.00
VPSA Refunding $ 825,141.95
General Fund Balance $ 764,016.38
Other Fund Balance $ 30,126,042.15
TOTAL ESTIMATED REVENUES – All Funds $ 44,027,649.04
The budget amendment is comprised of eleven (11) separate appropriations as follows:
· One (1) appropriation (#2006012) totaling $70,923.76 to implement the new Fire Inspection position and fees;
· One (1) appropriation (#2006018) in the amount of $23,964.05 for the Social Services Child Care Initiative Grant;
· One (1) appropriation (#2006019) in the amount of $620,672.61 for reappropriation of projects and programs from FY 2005;
· One (1) appropriation (#2006020) in the amount of $65,982.00 for FY06 supplemental requests for use of FY 2005 surplus funds;
· One (1) appropriation (#2006021) in the amount of $159,252.01 to reappropriate the balance of outstanding FY 2005 Purchase Orders;
· One (1) appropriation (#2006022) in the amount of $26,235.00 funding a Department of Justice grant to cover police overtime;
· One (1) appropriation (#2006023) in the amount of $129,432.00 for various education programs and donations;
· One (1) appropriation (#2006024) in the amount of $31,524,659.06 reappropriating funds for uncompleted projects and programs in the General Fund Capital Improvement fund;
· One (1) appropriation (#2006025) reappropriating Emergency Communications Center projects totaling $7,261,207.90;
· One (1) appropriation (#2006026) totaling $2,704,934.85 reappropriating funds for uncompleted School Capital Improvement projects from FY 2005; and
· One (1) appropriation (#2006027) reappropriating Stormwater Capital projects totaling $1,440,385.80.
A detailed description of these requests is provided on Attachment A.
Staff recommends approval of the FY 2006 Budget Amendment in the amount of $44,027,649.04 after the public hearing, and then approval of Appropriations #2006012, #2006018, #2006019, #2006020, #2006021, #2006022, #2006023, #2006024, #2006025, #2006026 and #2006027 to provide funds for various General Government, School, ECC, and Capital programs as described in Attachment A.
View Attachment A
Return to regular agenda