1. Call to Order.
2. Joint Work Session with Planning Commission:
a. Rural Area (RA) Comprehensive Plan Implementation.
b. Matters not Listed on the Agenda.
3. Closed Session.
4. Certify Closed Session.
5. Call to Order.
6. Pledge of Allegiance.
7. Moment of Silence.
8. From the Public: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
9. Consent Agenda (on next page).
10. Public hearing on the proposed issuance of Virginia Public School Authority (VPSA) general obligation bonds Albemarle County in the estimated maximum principal amount of $7,790,000. The purpose of the proposed bonds is to finance capital projects for public schools.
11. ZMA-2004-002. Townhouses Fontaine Ave (Sign #80). Public hearing on a request to rezone 12.606 acs from HC to PRD to allow 60 dwelling units. TM 76, Ps 12A&12G. Loc on N side of Rt 702 (Fontaine Ave), approx .25 miles W of intersec of Fontaine Avenue & Rt 29. (The Comp Plan designates this property as Neighborhood Service, in Neighborhood 6.) Samuel Miller Dist.
12. SP-2005-018. Car Max (Sign #9). Public hearing on a request to allow outdoor display of vehicles in accord w/Sec 18.104.22.168 (b) of the Zoning Ord which allows for outdoor storage, display and/or sales in the EC Dist. TM 78, P 10 contains approx 5.112 acs. Loc on N side of St Rt 250 E at 1448 Richmond Rd, currently site of White House Motel. Znd HC & EC. [This site is also subject of Site Development Plan public hearing (SDP 2005-057).] Rivanna Dist.
13. SP-2004-052. Kenridge (Sign #40). Public hearing on a request to allow development of multifamily complex in accord w/Sec 22.214.171.124 of the Zoning Ord which allows for R-15, use in CO district. TM 60, Ps 27 & 27B, contains 16.5 acs. Loc on N side of (Rt 250 W) Ivy Rd approx 1/2 mile W of intersec of Ivy Rd & Rt 29/250 By-pass. [The Comp Plan designates these lands as Office Service, in Neighborhood 7. General usage for Office Service is mixed office & residential uses, & is recommended for 6.01-20 du/ac, w/possible densities of up to 34 du/ac under planned development approach. General usage of the proposed amendment (SUP request) is residential. The existing carriage & manor houses have the option of being used for residential and/or office use. The density of the proposed amendment is 4 du/ac.] This property is also located in EC. Samuel Miller Dist.
14. ZMA-2004-024. Old Trail Village (Signs #56,65,82,90). Public hearing on a request to rezone approx 237 acs from RA & Residential - RA, R1 & R6 to Neighborhood Model District - NMD for combination of residential & commercial uses. Also zoned EC. TM 55E-1, P A1. Loc on N side of Rt 250 W, approx 2,000+ feet E of intersec of Miller School Rd & Rt 250. [The Crozet Master Plan of the Comp Plan designates this property as District, CT5, CT4, CT3 (Edge & General) & Development Area Reserve (CT2) & Preserve (CT1) in the Crozet area. General usage for District is warehouses & light manufacturing in center zones. Airports, research/office parks, regional parks & preserves at outer edge zones & is recommended as employment center which may be single use or mixed use area. If single use, typically no more than 20% of the neighborhood or downtown area. General usage for CT5 is mixed residential & commercial uses. Residential density is 12 du/ac; 18 du/ac in a mixed use setting. General usage for CT4 is mixed residential & commercial uses. Residential density is 4.5 du/ac; 12 du/ac for townhouses & apartments; 18 du/ac in mixed use setting. General usage for CT3 (edge) is primarily single family detached houses at 3.5-4.5 units per acre. (6.5 units per acre if accessory apartments are added for 50% of the residential stock.) General usage for CT3 (general) is it supports the center w/predominately residential uses, especially single-family detached & is recommended for 3.5-4.5 units per acre. General usage for CT1 & CT2 is development area open space preserve or reserve with very low residential density & is recommended for very low residential density no greater than 1 unit per 20 acres. General usage of the proposed amendment (rezoning request) is residential, & commercial. The density of the proposed amendment is 4.5 du/ac for the CT3 blocks, 4.5 du/ac single family, 12 units per acre for multi-family & 18 units per acre for mixed use in the CT4 blocks & 12 units per acre for multi-family & 18 units per acre for mixed use in the CT5 blocks. The total proposed density ranges from 1,600 units per acre to 2,200 units per acre. The total proposed square footage for commercial uses ranges from 50,000 sq ft to 250,000 sq ft. White Hall Dist.
15. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
9.1 Approval of Minutes: October 6, 2004; and April 6 and April 18(A), 2005.
9.2 Resolution to accept road(s) in Sunrise Farm Subdivision into the State Secondary System of Highways.
9.3 Resolution to accept road(s) in Western Ridge Subdivision, Phase 5B, into the State Secondary System of Highways.
9.4 Resolution to accept road(s) in Western Ridge Subdivision, Phase 5C, into the State Secondary System of Highways.
9.5 2005 Statement of Assessed Values for Local Tax Purposes for Railroads and Interstate Pipeline Transmission Companies (on file in Clerk's office).
9.6 Copy of draft minutes of the Planning Commission for March 29, July 26, August 2 and August 9, 2005.
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|