NATURAL HERITAGE COMMITTEE
Duties/Function: As listed in the attached Charge and Outline of Tasks.
Length of Term: Initial appointments will include four four-year appointments, four three-year appointments, and four two-year appointments. Thereafter, appointments will be for four years.
Frequency/Meeting Times: Monthly
Membership/Qualifications: The Board of Supervisors shall appoint ten to twelve members. Applicants need not be County residents. However, total committee membership should consist of some County residents. The Committee should include members with expertise or background in one or more of the following fields, to support the Committee’s role as a technical advisory group:
• natural history (including those with detailed knowledge of local wildlife, plants, and other resources);
• terrestrial, aquatic, and landscape ecology;
• biological conservation and conservation planning;
• population genetics;
• geology and soils;
• geographic information systems for conservation;
• science education (adult and youth).
The group should also include local landowners and citizens with interests in biodiversity conservation, farming and forestry, and conservation-oriented rural and urban development. If possible, these general citizen representatives should be residents of the County.
Copy of App’t Letter to: Scott Clark, Community Development Department
Go to Attachment C
Return to executive summary