June 29, 2005
481 Clarks Tract
Keswick, VA 22947
RE: SP 2005-009 Cedar Hill Mobile Estates Extension (Sign #32) - Tax Map 32, Parcel 22I
Dear Ms. Joseph:
The Albemarle County Planning Commission, at its meeting on June 21, 2005, unanimously recommended approval of the above-noted petition to the Board of Supervisors.
Please note that this approval is subject to the following conditions:
The Planning Commission also re-approved the following waivers and conditions granted with the previous special use permit (SP-03-06), including the addition of the language “after issuance of a certificate of occupancy” to 15.4.3.
1. Section 126.96.36.199: Modification to allow for the reduction in the 4,500 square foot area and required 45-foot width for the 73 existing unit locations. No conditions recommended.
2. Section 188.8.131.52/ 184.108.40.206: Modification of the requirement, which states that each mobile home shall be located on a mobile home lot, and that the lot shall provide space for outdoor living and storage and may provide space for a parking space. This waiver shall only apply to existing lots.
3. Section 220.127.116.11: Modification to allow the existing lot 109 to remain, without frontage on an internal road. Adequate access shall be provided to this lot from a private driveway.
4. Section 18.104.22.168: Modification to allow for a reduction from the required 50 feet of minimum distance between a mobile home and any service or recreational structure to be used by more than one unit. The recreation area shall be screened in accordance with the standards of section 22.214.171.124.a of the Zoning Ordinance.
5. Section 126.96.36.199: Modification to allow for the reduction of the 30-foot minimum distance between mobile home units. Fire hydrants shall be provided with the final site plan and installed in conjunction with the improvements shown on the final site plan.
6. Section 188.8.131.52: Modification to allow both existing and proposed mobile homes to be located within the 50 foot required setback when the mobile home park is adjacent to a residential or rural area district. Screening along the rear of lots 32-38 shall be provided in accordance with the standards of Section 184.108.40.206a of the Zoning Ordinance.
7. Section 220.127.116.11: Modification to allow for a reduction of the 15 foot minimum setback from the right of way of internal private streets, common walkways, and common recreation or service areas. This distance may be increased to twenty-five feet for mobile homes or structures at roadway intersections and along internal public streets. This modification shall be conditioned to apply only to the existing lots.
8. Section 18.104.22.168: A modification to the required 6 foot set back from any mobile home space lot line. This modification shall be conditioned to apply only to the existing lots.
9. Section 22.214.171.124: A waiver of the requirement for a development of 50 of more dwelling units that reasonably direct vehicular access shall be provided from all residential units to two (2) public street connections. Staff recommends that approval of this waiver be conditioned upon the following: 1) An emergency access shall be constructed connecting Cedar Hill Mobile Home Park with the access drive to Ennstone prior to any building permits being issued for any new mobile home units; 2) The applicant shall submit to the county a legally binding contract permitting use of the Ennstone access drive for emergency access; 3) When the access road to Northside Drive is constructed, the applicant shall construct the connection from the Cedar Hill Mobile Home Park to the new access road as shown on the application plan dated January 27, 2003. Items 1 and 2 are to be submitted with the site plan for review prior to final site plan approval.
10. Section 15.4.3: This code section provides a density bonus for low to moderate cost housing, including for mobile homes in an approved mobile home park, provided the development meets certain criteria for low to moderate cost housing. The applicant shall enter into an agreement with the County ensuring that the lots shall be available as low or moderate cost housing for a minimum of 5 years from the issuance of a certificate of occupancy.
View PC minutes
Return to executive summary
Please be advised that the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors will review this petition and receive public comment at their meeting on July 6, 2005. Any new or additional information regarding your application must be submitted to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at least seven days prior to your scheduled hearing date.
If you should have any questions or comments regarding the above noted action, please do not hesitate to contact me at (434) 296-5832.
Principal Planner – Development Areas