May 18, 2005
5705 Sugar Ridge Road
Crozet, VA 22932
RE: SP 2004-051 Free Union Church of the Brethren (Sign #36) &
SDP-2005-00041 Free Union Church of the Brethren Site Plan Waiver
Tax Map 29, Parcels 57, 58, and 59B
Dear Mr. Joslin:
The Albemarle County Planning Commission, at its meeting on May 10, 2005, unanimously recommended approval of SP 2005-051 to the Board of Supervisors, and unanimously approved the above-noted Site Plan Waiver (SDP 2005-041).
Regarding SP 2004-051:
The Planning Commission unanimously recommended approval of SP 2004-051 to the Board of Supervisors, subject to the following conditions in the staff report as modified:
1. The site shall be developed in general accord with the conceptual plan entitled “Free Union Church of the Brethren Concept Plan ,” revised April 22, 2005, including the note relating to combining the parcels;
2. The area of assembly shall be limited to the existing 90-seat sanctuary;
3. There shall be no day care center or private school on site without approval of a separate special use permit;
4. Construction of the proposed addition shall commence within 4 years or this special use permit shall expire.
5. The applicants shall secure a VDOT construction permit for the modified entrance from Route 601.
Please be advised that the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors will review this petition and receive public comment at their meeting on June 1, 2005. Any new or additional information regarding your application must be submitted to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at least seven days prior to your scheduled hearing date.
Regarding SDP 2005-041:
The Planning Commission unanimously approved your request for a Site Plan Waiver, subject to the following conditions in the staff report as modified:
View staff report
View PC minutes
Return to regular agenda
If you should have any questions or comments regarding the above noted action, please do not hesitate to contact me at (434) 296-5832.