COUNTY OF ALBEMARLE
Proposed FY 2005 Budget Amendment
Public Hearing on the Proposed FY 2005 Budget Amendment in the amount of $1,091,434.24 and request approval of amendment and of Appropriations #2005048, #2005052, #2005053, #2005054, #2005055, #2005056, #2005057, and #2005058 to provide funding for various General Government and School Programs.
Messrs. Tucker, Breeden, Wiggans; Ms. White
LEGAL REVIEW: No
May 4, 2005
ACTION: X INFORMATION:
The Code of Virginia §15.2-2507 stipulates that any locality may amend its budget to adjust the aggregate amount to be appropriated during the current fiscal year as shown in the currently adopted budget. However, any such amendment which exceeds one percent of the total expenditures shown in the currently adopted budget or the sum of $500,000, whichever is lesser, must be accomplished by first publishing a notice of a meeting and holding a public hearing before amending the budget. The Code section applies to all County funds, i.e., General Fund, Capital Fund, E-911, School Self-Sustaining, etc.
4.2 Fund County services in a fair, efficient manner and provide needed public facilities infrastructure.
The proposed increase of this FY 2005 Budget Amendment totals $1,091,434.24. The estimated expenses and revenues included in the proposed amendment are shown below:
General Fund $ 49,780.00
Local Government Programs/Grants $ 475,449.35
Education Fund $ 257,464.55
Education Programs/Grants $ 307,730.63
ECC $ 1,009.71
TOTAL ESTIMATED EXPENDITURES – All Funds $ 1,091,434.24
Local Revenues $ 185,125.19
State Revenues $ 1,324.75
Federal Revenues $ 585,243.88
General Fund Balance $ 55,502.82
Other Fund Balance $ 264,237.60
TOTAL ESTIMATED REVENUES – All Funds $ 1,091,434.24
The budget amendment is comprised of eight (8) separate appropriations, as indicated below:
· One (1) appropriation (#2005048) in the amount of $430,484.00 for a Department of Homeland Security Firefighter Grant;
· One (1) appropriation (#2005052) in the amount of $1,940.00 to purchase traffic vests for firefighters;
· Three (3) appropriations (#2005053, #2005055, and #2005056) in the amounts of $44,162.82, $264,167.81, and $256,864.55 respectively for various school programs and donations;
· One (1) appropriation (#2005054) in the amount of $1,009.71 for the Emergency Communications Center CERT grant;
· One (1) appropriation (#2005057) in the amount of $44,965.35 for AHIP home rehabilitations; and
· One (1) appropriation (#2005058) in the amount of $47,840.00 for costs associated with the June 14, 2005 dual primary election.
A detailed description of these requests is provided on Attachment A.
Staff recommends approval of the FY 2005 Budget Amendment in the amount of $1,091,434.24, after the public hearing, and then approval of Appropriations #2005048, #2005052, #2005053, #2005054, #2005055, #2005056, #2005057, and #2005058 to provide funds for various General Government and School programs as described in Attachment A.
View Attachment A
Return to regular agenda