1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
4. From the Public: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
5. Consent Agenda (on next page).
6. Public hearing on Housing Choice Voucher 5-Year Plan.
7. ZMA-2004-09. Cottages at Jefferson Heights (Sign #88). Public hearing on a request to rezone .759 acs from R-1 to PRD to allow 4 dwelling units (4 single family attached). TM78, P55A3. Loc on Pantops Mountain Rd w/in Jefferson Heights Development at NE corner of Pantops Mountain Rd & Rt 250 E. (The Comp Plan designates this property as Urban Density, recommended for 6-34 du/ac in Neighborhood Three.) Rivanna Dist.
8. STA-2001-08. Comprehensive revision of the Subdivision Ordinance. Public hearing on an Ordinance to amend Chapter 14, Subdivision of Land, of the Albemarle County Code, to comprehensively revise the subdivision regulations by amending most existing regulations, repealing or adding other regulations, and reorganizing Chapter 14 and renumbering many existing regulations. The regulations being amended and added pertain to general provisions (including but not limited to the purposes of Chapter 14 and its applicability; prohibited acts; and definitions); administration and procedure (including but not limited to application requirements for various types of land divisions, boundary line adjustments and easement plats; procedures for reviewing such plats; conditions of approval for family divisions; periods of validity of approved plats; and when and how private streets may be authorized and considerations relevant thereto); plat requirements and required documents (including but not limited to the form, style and content of plats; and the documents required to be submitted therewith including groundwater assessment information; and overlot grading plans); and onsite improvements and design (including but not limited to lots and blocks, including appropriate lot location to allow access from lots onto streets or shared driveways; the coordination of streets; street standards; water, sewer and other improvements including sidewalks, planting strips and pedestrian walkways; dedications and reservations; and surety in lieu of completion of improvements). The regulations being repealed pertain to administrative procedure (matters considered in conjunction with a request for authorization to construct private roads; review of determination of consistency with comprehensive plan); plat requirements and required documents (submittal of drainage control information; sketch plans for utilities, bridges and culverts; statements of availability of services; evidence of approved erosion and sediment control plans or lack of need therefor; and previously approved plans and existing features and improvements); and onsite improvements and design (list of required on-site improvements; the reservation of land for future right-of-way; configuration of lots; lot size; determining applicable standards for public streets; and drainage control). The regulations will impose different requirements for subdivisions, depending on whether the subdivision is within the development areas or the rural areas as identified in the Albemarle County Comprehensive Plan. The different requirements pertain to: determining which regulations apply to a subdivision; circumstances when private streets may be authorized in the rural areas or in the development areas; documents to be submitted with requests for private streets; authority to establish alleys in the development areas; the requirement that a note be added to final plats regarding parent parcel access for subdivisions in the rural areas; the requirement for overlot grading plans for certain residential subdivisions in the development areas; locations of reasonable access from a lot onto a street; the coordination and extension of streets within the development areas; the requirement for streets in the development areas to be constructed with curb, curb and gutter, sidewalks and planting strips, and when the requirement may be waived; and standards for private streets. The regulations also will impose a ninety-five dollar ($95.00) fee for the review of plats for family divisions, resubdivisions, boundary line adjustments and easement plats. The purpose of these fees is to reimburse the County for its services in reviewing the plats. These are the same fees presently imposed for the review of plats for family divisions and rural divisions. The proposed imposition of these fees is authorized by Virginia Code § 15.2-2241(9). The regulations also would clarify the action triggering a certain fee from “waiver, variation or substitution of subdivision requirements” to “waiver after approval of preliminary plat,” and would delete the fee for requesting an indefinite deferral of action on a plat.
9. Adoption of FY 2005/06 Capital and Operating Budgets and Approval of FY 2006-2010 CIP and FY 2011-2015 Capital Needs Assessment.
10. Adoption of Calendar Year 2005 Tax Rate.
11. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
12. Adjourn to April 21, 2005, 4:00 p.m., Meeting Room 235, for Joint meeting with School Board.
5.1 Approval of Minutes: June 9N, 2004 and January 12N, 2005.
5.2 Revisions to Personnel Policies P-80 “Absences” and P-85 “Sick Leave/Acceptable Attendance”.
5.3 Powell Creek Drive Sidewalk - Authorize County Executive to sign deed dedicating right-of-way.
5.4 Authorize County Executive to sign deed of easement to accept dedication of drainage easement and improvements – Blenheim View Estates Subdivision.
5.5 Resolution to accept roads in Highlands at Mechums River Subdivision, Section 2-C, into the State Secondary System of Highways.
5.6 Resolution to accept roads in Western Ridge Subdivision, Phase 4A, into the State Secondary System of Highways.
5.7 Resolution to accept roads in Western Ridge Subdivision, Phases 4B & 5A, into the State Secondary System of Highways.
5.8 Resolution to accept roads in Forest Lakes Subdivision, Willow Bend, Block N, into the State Secondary System of Highways.
5.9 Resolution to accept roads in Forest Lakes Subdivision, Ravenswood, Block T, into the State Secondary System of Highways.
5.10 Resolution to accept roads in Forest Lakes Subdivision, Pleasant Ridge, Block N, into the State Secondary System of Highways.
5.11 Copy of letter of correction dated April 7, 2005 from John Shepherd, Manager of Zoning Administration, to S. Barkley Rives or Agnes R. Burke, re: Official Determination of Development Rights and Parcels – Tax Map 65, Parcels 93A1, 94, 95, 95A & 121 (property of S. Barkley Rives or Agnes R. Burke) - Section 10.3.1.
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|