March 16, 2005
1932 Blue Ridge Road
Charlottesville, VA 22903
RE: SP 2004-00031 Gym at Seminole Place (formerly named Gold’s Gym) - Tax Map 61W Section 3 Parcel 18
Dear Mr. Slagle:
The Albemarle County Planning Commission, at its meeting on March 1, 2005, unanimously recommended approval of the above-noted petition to the Board of Supervisors.
Please note that this approval is subject to the following conditions:
1. The proposed indoor gym shall be operated in general accord with the special permit justification dated June 21, 2004 (including attachments) and supplemental information contained in a letter from Timothy R. Slagle to Susan E. Thomas, Senior Planner, dated July 26, 2004, documents which are attached to these conditions; (WORDING TO BE WORKED ON BY STAFF)
2. This Special Permit (SP 2004-031) is granted for up to 60,000 square feet of area within the existing physical building itself and not simply the footprint of the building. Any enlargement of the area of use beyond the 60,000 square feet will require amendment of this Special Permit;
3. Pedestrian and bicycle access shall be provided from Greenbrier Drive to the site along the existing entrance road, as shown on the attached concept plan submitted by the applicant as a part of the Special Permit application (dated September 3, 2004 and initialed by SET). These pedestrian and bicycle facilities shall meet VDOT standards, except that all sidewalks shall be five feet in width, and shall be approved by VDOT and the County Engineer. These facilities shall be built or bonded prior to issuance of a Certificate of Occupancy for Gym at Seminole Place. (WORDING TO BE WORKED ON BY STAFF)
4. The existing driveway access to the site from Commonwealth Drive shall be upgraded as necessary to accommodate two-way traffic, to the satisfaction of County Engineering and VDOT.
5. The gated access to the site from Commonwealth Drive shall remain open during all hours the gym facility is open for business.
View staff report and attachments
View PC minutes
Return to regular agenda
Please be advised that the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors will review this petition and receive public comment at their meeting on April 6, 2005. Any new or additional information regarding your application must be submitted to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at least seven days prior to your scheduled hearing date.
If you should have any questions or comments regarding the above noted action, please do not hesitate to contact me (434) 296-5823.
Urban Areas Principal Planner