1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
4. From the Public: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
5. Consent Agenda (on next page).
6. SP-2004-0060. Second Bank & Trust-Southside. Public hearing on a request to allow drive-in window to serve bank in accord w/Sec 184.108.40.206 of the Zoning Ord, which allows for drive-in windows serving or associated w/permitted uses. (Site plan SDP-2004-103 is currently under review for this proposed development.) Property contains approx 1.34 acs. Znd PDSC & EC. Loc on S side of Rt 1150 (Mill Creek Dr) approx 240 ft E of intersec w/Rt 742 (Avon St Extd) adj to the Mill Creek Exxon. Scottsville Dist.
7. ZMA-2004-016. Glenwood Station (Sign #60). Public hearing on a request to rezone 9.31 acs from PRD w/SUP for Office Use zoning district, to Neighborhood Model District (NMD) to allow combination of residential & commercial uses. Development includes 50 residential condominium units, 28 townhouses & 78,000 sq ft commercial/office space, which consists of 3 bldgs. TM 61, P 129F. Loc on S side of E Rio Rd, directly across from Rio E Court & between Fashion Sq Mall & Squire Hill Apartments, Rt 631, approx 1,600 ft from intersec of Rt 29 & Rio Rd E. (The Comp Plan designates this property as Urban Density, recommended for 6.01-34 du/ac in Neighborhood 2.) Rio Dist.
8. SP-2004-061. Glenwood Station (Sign #69). Public hearing on a request to allow dvlpment of drive-thru window as part of financial institution to include total of 3 lanes, with one being dedicated to an ATM in accord w/Sec 20A.6b.1 of the Zoning Ord which allows for drive-through windows serving or associated w/permitted uses in NMD. TM 61, P 129F. Loc on S side of E Rio Rd, directly across from Rio E Court & between Fashion Square Mall & Squire Hill Apartments, Rt 631, approx 1,600 ft from intersec of Rt 29 & Rio Rd E. Rio Dist.
9. ZTA 2004-0010. Civil penalties. Public hearing on an ordinance to amend Sec 37.2, Civil penalty, of Chap 18, Zoning, of the Albemarle County Code, to increase the civil penalty for each violation subsequent to the first violation arising under the same operative set of facts from one hundred fifty dollars ($150) to two hundred fifty dollars ($250), & to increase the total civil penalties resulting from a series of such violations from three thousand dollars ($3,000) to five thousand dollars ($5,000).
10. ZTA 2004-005 – Signs. Public hearing on an ordinance to amend Sec 4.15.2, Definitions, Sec 4.15.6, Signs exempt from the sign permit requirement, Sec 4.15.7, Prohibited signs & sign characteristics, Sec 4.15.16, Regulations applicable to certain sign types, & Sec 4.15.22, Sign maintenance, of Chapter 18, Zoning, of the Albemarle County Code. This ordinance would amend Sec 4.15.2 by amending the definitions of “advertising vehicle,” “banner,” “farm sign,” “flag,” “pennant,” “portable sign,” “temporary sign,” & “window sign,” & would add definitions for “rare gas illumination” & “agricultural product signs”; amend Sec 4.15.6 by exempting certain window signs, flags, advertising vehicles & agricultural product signs from the sign permit requirement; amend Sec 4.15.7 by deleting the total prohibition of neon signs, & by prohibiting certain types of signs using rare gas illumination, certain window signs, animated & moving signs using rare gas illumination, & certain advertising vehicles, & by exempting authorized flags from the class of prohibited moving signs; amend Sec 4.15.8 by imposing a brightness standard of 30 milliamps on signs using exposed rare gas illumination throughout the county, & on all signs using rare gas illumination covered by transparent material within the Entrance Corridor Overlay District; amend Sec 4.15.22 to establish maintenance standards for lighting fixtures & the sources of illumination on illuminated signs; & other nonsubstantive changes in those sections.
11. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
12. Adjourn to March 21, 2005, 1:00 p.m., Room 235.
5.1 Set public hearing on 2005-09 Housing Choice Voucher Five-Year Plan and FY 2005-06 Annual Plan.
5.2 Acquisition of Conservation Easements (ACE) appraisals for the Year 2003-04 applicant pool.
5.3 Citizens Advisory Committee 2004 Annual Report of the Charlottesville-Albemarle Public Defender Office.
5.4 Copy of draft Planning Commission minutes for January 4 and January 11, 2005.
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|