December 10, 2004
P O Box 5548
Charlottesville, VA 22905
RE: ZMA 2004-00014 Briarwood (Sign #17); Tax Map 32G, Parcels 1, 3-A and 3-83
To Whom it May Concern:
At the Albemarle County Planning Commission meeting on December 7, 2004, a motion to recommend approval of the above-noted petition to the Board of Supervisors failed by a unanimous (0:7) vote. This ruling was based on the items outlined by staff as follows:
1. The proposed application plan was not submitted until after the normal review period ended. Therefore, staff and VDOT have not had adequate time to review changes to the plan, including the proposed access changes to Phase 8 and new internal road configuration on Phases 1A, 5, and 6.
2. An interconnection between Briarwood and Camelot seems to be lost with the proposed changes to Phase 4 on the Application Plan.
3. It is unclear what the proposed orientation of buildings along Camelot Drive in Phase 8 will be.
4. The proposed application plan does not show the existing resource protection area.
5. The proposed application plan does not provide access to the open spaces on the plan.
6. At this time, no commitment has been made to the streetscape of the remaining phases, including a commitment to curb and gutter and sidewalks.
Please be advised that the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors will review this petition and receive public comment at their meeting on January 12, 2005. Any new or additional information regarding your application must be submitted to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at least seven days prior to your scheduled hearing date. You may also choose to bring this item back before the Planning Commission.
If you have any questions or comments regarding the above-noted action, please do not hesitate to contact me.
View staff report and attachments
Return to executive summary