COUNTY OF ALBEMARLE
Proposed FY 2005 Budget Amendment
Public Hearing on the Proposed FY 2005 Budget Amendment in the amount of $12,649,837.31 and request approval of amendment and of Appropriations #2005024, #2005025, #2005026, #2005027, #2005028, and #2005029 to provide funding for various General Government, School, and Capital Programs.
Messrs. Tucker, Breeden, Wiggans; Ms. White
LEGAL REVIEW: No
November 3, 2004
ACTION: X INFORMATION:
The Code of Virginia §15.2-2507 stipulates that any locality may amend its budget to adjust the aggregate amount to be appropriated during the current fiscal year as shown in the currently adopted budget. However, any such amendment which exceeds one percent of the total expenditures shown in the currently adopted budget or the sum of $500,000, whichever is lesser, must be accomplished by first publishing a notice of a meeting and holding a public hearing before amending the budget. The Code section applies to all County funds, i.e., General Fund, Capital Fund, E-911, School Self-Sustaining, etc.
4.2 Fund County services in a fair, efficient manner and provide needed public facilities infrastructure.
The proposed increase of this FY 2005 Budget Amendment totals $12,649,837.31. The estimated expenses and revenues included in the proposed amendment are shown below:
General Fund $ 93,984.00
Local Government Programs/Grants $ 54,075.00
Education Fund $ 11,899.88
ECC $ 12,122,853.43
Capital Improvement Program $ 367,025.00
TOTAL ESTIMATED EXPENDITURES – All Funds $ 12,649,837.31
Local Revenues $ 4,221,417.13
State Revenues $ 31,875.00
Federal Revenues $ 2,009,800.74
General Fund Balance $ 93,984.00
Other Fund Balance $ 6,292,760.44
TOTAL ESTIMATED REVENUES – All Funds $ 12,649,837.31
The budget amendment is comprised of seven (7) separate appropriations, one (1) of which has already been approved by the Board as indicated below:
Approved October 13, 2004:
· One (1) appropriation (#2005023) provides for the purchase of a replacement fire engine for the Crozet Volunteer Fire Department in the amount of $366,000.
The six (6) new appropriations are as follows:
· One (1) appropriation (#2005024) in the amount of $20,000.00 to allocate funding to various departments for the Total Rewards program;
· One (1) appropriation (#2005025) in the amount of $10,000.00 for Juvenile Court Assessment rental space;
· One (1) appropriation (#2005026) in the amount of $63,984.00 for funding for rural area fire staff;
· One (1) appropriation (#2005027) in the amount of $54,075.00 for various public safety grants;
· One (1) appropriation (#2005028) in the amount of $12,924.88 for various school programs and donations; and
· One (1) appropriation (#2005029) in the amount of $12,122,853.43 for the reappropriation of ECC capital projects.
A detailed description of these requests is provided on Attachment A.
Staff recommends approval of the FY 2005 Budget Amendment in the amount of $12,649,837.31, after the public hearing, and then approval of Appropriations #2005024, #2005025, #2005026, #2005027, #2005028, and #2005029 to provide funds for various General Government, School, and Capital programs as described in Attachment A.
View Attachment A
Return to regular agenda