3:00 p.m. – Room 235
1. Call to Order.
2. Presentation: Urbanization Committee Report
3. Presentation: Five Year Forecast Financial Model.
6:00 p.m. – Room 241
5. Call to Order
6. Pledge of Allegiance.
7. Moment of Silence.
8. From the Public: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
9. Acquisition of Conservation Easements (ACE) Annual Report/Recognition Ceremony.
10. Virginia Film Festival Presentation.
11. Consent Agenda (on next page).
12. Public hearing to receive comments on a proposal to restrict through truck traffic on Rts 22/231.
13. Public hearing to receive comments on proposed revisions to ARB sign guidelines.
14. SP-2004-00015. Bethel Baptist Church Amendment (Signs #90&92). Public hearing on a request to amend SUP for existing church to allow for parking lot expansion, in accord w/Sec 10.2.2.35 of the Zoning Ord which allows for church uses in the RA. TM 21, P 25, contains approx 3.004 acs. Znd RA. Loc just E of Rt 29 N at the intersec of Rt 641 (Burnley Station Rd) & Rt 600 (Watts Passage). Rivanna Dist.
15. SP-2004-00020. Elizabeth Bright-ALLTEL Turner Mountain Rd (Sign #27). Public hearing on a request to allow the construction of personal wireless facility. The applicant proposes to construct monopole approx 110 ft tall. Ground mounted equipment will be loc adjacent to the pole. The proposed diameter of the pole is approx 30.5 inches at the base & 14.5 inches at the top. This application is being made in accord w/Sec 10.2.2.6 of the Zoning Ord which allows for microwave & radio-wave transmission & relay towers in the RA Dist. TM 58, P 61A, contains 5.2 acs. Znd RA. Loc on E side of Rt 676 (Tillman Rd) approx 0.25 miles N of Rt 250 (Ivy Rd). Samuel Miller Dist.
16. SP-2004-00023. Grace Community Church (Sign #41). Public hearing on a request for a church building to be constructed on 19.4 ac parcel, in accord w/Sec 126.96.36.199.35 of the Zoning Ord. A waiver from the critical slopes requirements, as set forth in Sec 18.4.2 of the Zoning Ord, has also been requested. Znd RA. TM 21, P 11. Loc on Rt 606 (Dickerson Rd), W of St Rt 29 & S of the border w/Greene County. White Hall Dist.
17. SP-2004-00026. Mission Link Project /Calvary Baptist Church Amendment (Sign #9). Public hearing on a request for modification of conditions of prior SUP (SP-2001-59) to permit construction of accessory structure at existing church on 2.997 acs, in accord w/Sec 13.2.2(10) of the Zoning Ord. Znd R1. The driveway is to be aligned with the Southern Parkway. TM 77, P 43. Loc on Avon St Extd across from Southern Parkway. Scottsville Dist.
18. SP-2004-00030. Old Mills Trail (Signs #11,12&13). Public hearing on a request to permit fill in the floodplain for the purpose of constructing Class B greenways hiking trail, in accord w/Sec 30.3.05.2.2(3) of the Zoning Ord which allows for fill in the floodplain. TM 77 P 41 & TM 78, P 58L, contain total of 26.213 ac. Znd C-1, EC & RA. The trail will be located w/in the floodplain of the Rivanna River just N of Free Bridge Lane along Elks Dr.
19. SP-2003-53. Unity Church of Charlottesville Amendment (Sign #48). Public hearing on a request to amend SUP to allow a church (increasing from 200 to 250 seats), in accord w/Sec 10.2.2.35 of the Zoning Ord which allows for "church building and adjunct cemetery.” TM 61 Ps 4 & 4B, contains 4.44 acs. Znd RA. Loc on Rt 743 (Hydraulic Rd), approx .25 miles N of the intersec of Hydraulic Rd & Lambs Rd. Jack Jouett Dist.
20. ZMA- 2004-010. UVA Research Park Amendment (Sign #96). Public hearing on a request to amend existing proffers for 5.9 ac in Fontaine Research Park to allow increase of 40,000 sq ft, for maximum of 535,000 sq ft of research & laboratory space. Znd CO & EC. TM 76, Ps 17B & 17B6. Loc in Fontaine Research Park on S side of Rt 29 (Fontaine Ave) immediately E of Rt 29/250 By-Pass. (The Comp Plan designates this property as Office Service in the southern portion of Neighborhood 6.) Samuel Miller Dist.
21. ZTA-2003-002. Personal Wireless Service Facilities. Ordinance to amend Secs 3.1, Definitions, 5.1.40, Personal wireless service facilities, 10.2.1, By right, 10.2.2, By special use permit, 12.2.1, By right, 12.2.2, By special use permit, 13.2.1, By right, 13.2.2, By special use permit, 14.2.1, By right, 14.2.2, By special use permit, 15.2.1, By right, 15.2.2, By special use permit, 16.2.1, By right, 16.2.2, By special use permit, 17.2.1, By right, 17.2.2, By special use permit, 18.2.1, By right, 18.2.2, By special use permit, 19.2.1, By right, 19.2.2, By special use permit, 20.3.1, By right, 20.3.2, By special use permit, 20A.6, Permitted uses, 22.2.1, By right, 22.2.2, By special use permit, 23.2.1, By right, 23.2.2, By special use permit, 24.2.1, By right, 24.2.2, By special use permit, 25.2.2, By special use permit, 27.2.1, By right, 27.2.2, By special use permit, 28.2.1, By right, 28.2.2, By special use permit, 188.8.131.52.1, By right within the floodway, 184.108.40.206.1, By special use permit within the floodway, of Chapter 18, Zoning, of the Albemarle County Code. This proposed amendment would define terms related to personal wireless service facilities, establish a three-tier process for reviewing applications for personal wireless service facilities based upon prescribed criteria, & allow personal wireless facilities by right or by special use permit in the identified zoning districts depending on the tier under which the facility qualifies consistent with the Comprehensive Plan's Personal Wireless Service Facilities Policy (Deferred from July 14, 2004).
22. ZTA-2004-007. Tier II Personal Wireless Service Facilities Fees. Public hearing on an ordinance to amend Section 35.0, Fees, of Chapter 18, Zoning, of the Albemarle County Code to impose fees to cover the cost of services rendered by the County in reviewing and approving the information, reports, documents and plans required to be submitted for Tier II personal wireless service facilities under proposed amended section 5.1.40 (“Tier II review”) of Chapter 18, and other expenses incident to the administration of the Zoning Ordinance related thereto. The fees for each Tier II review would be $790.00. The proposed fees are authorized by Virginia Code § 15.2-2286(A)(6).
23. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
24. Adjourn to October 14 at 4:00 p.m. in Room 235 for meeting with the School Board.
11.1 Approval of Minutes: April 7, 2004.
11.2 Request to amend the jurisdictional areas of the Albemarle County Service Authority to consider providing water service to existing structures Loc on TM 46, Ps 23D & 23D1. Property Loc on south side of Rt 643 (Polo Grounds Rd). (Remove from agenda)
11.3 Funding for replacement fire engine for Crozet Volunteer Fire Department.
1. Call to Order.
2. Proposed FY 2006 Compensation and Medical Insurance Report.
3. Adjourn to October 26, 2004, 8:00 a.m., Zehmer Hall.
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|