September 17, 2004
Duane E. Snow
905 West Leigh Dr.
Charlottesville, VA 22901
RE: SP-2004-00028 Snow’s Rental Units (Sign #69); Tax Map 90, Parcel 35
Dear Mr. Snow:
The Albemarle County Planning Commission, at its meeting on September 14, 2004, unanimously recommended approval of the above-noted petition to the Board of Supervisors.
Please note that this approval is subject to the following conditions:
1. The site shall be developed in general accord with the plans entitled “Snows Storage Yard” revision date of 7/23/04 by David Wyant, P.E.
2. The height of stored items shall be limited to 8' in the front row of storage areas (the row closest to Avon Street) and in the southernmost storage area in the back row as delineated on the plan.
3. Eight foot (8') high solid wood fencing of a design that meets ARB approval shall be used as delineated on the plan for the north and south perimeters of the front row of storage yards, the portions of fencing that connect storage yards in the front row, and the southern side of the southernmost storage yard in the back row.
4. Chain link fence shall not be visible from the EC. Chain link fence may only be used following Architectural Review Board confirmation that such fencing will not be visible from the Entrance Corridor.
5. The landscape plan shall be subject to Architectural Review Board review and approval.
6. The ARB shall issue a Certificate of Appropriateness prior to final site plan approval.
View staff report
View PC minutes
Return to regular agenda
Please be advised that the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors will review this petition and receive public comment at their meeting on October 6, 2004. Any new or additional information regarding your application must be submitted to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at least seven days prior to your scheduled hearing date.
If you should have any questions or comments regarding the above noted action, please do not hesitate to contact me (434) 296-5823.