COUNTY OF ALBEMARLE
Proposed FY 2004 Budget Amendment
Public Hearing on the Proposed FY 2004 Budget Amendment in the amount of $912,218.35 and request approval of amendment and of Appropriations #2004090, #2004091, #2004092, and #2004093 to provide funding for various General Government and School Programs.
Messrs. Tucker, White, Breeden, Wiggans
LEGAL REVIEW: No
October 6, 2004
ACTION: X INFORMATION:
The Code of Virginia §15.2-2507 stipulates that any locality may amend its budget to adjust the aggregate amount to be appropriated during the current fiscal year as shown in the currently adopted budget. However, any such amendment which exceeds one percent of the total expenditures shown in the currently adopted budget or the sum of $500,000, whichever is lesser, must be accomplished by first publishing a notice of a meeting and holding a public hearing before amending the budget. The Code section applies to all County funds, i.e., General Fund, Capital Fund, E-911, School Self-Sustaining, etc.
4.2 Fund County services in a fair, efficient manner and provide needed public facilities infrastructure.
The proposed increase of this FY 2004 Budget Amendment totals $912,218.35. The estimated expenses and revenues included in the proposed amendment are shown below:
General Fund $ 372,900.00
Local Government Programs/Grants $ 139,980.04
Education Fund $ 14,287.32
Education Programs/Grants $ 310,502.19
Capital Improvement Program $ 74,548.80
TOTAL ESTIMATED EXPENDITURES – All Funds $ 912,218.35
Local Revenues $ 102,641.05
State Revenues $ 125,157.71
Federal Revenues $ 17,251.09
General Fund Balance $ 337,300.00
Other Fund Balance $ 7,451.74
Transfers $ 322,416.76
TOTAL ESTIMATED REVENUES – All Funds $ 912,218.35
The budget amendment is comprised of fourteen (14) separate appropriations, ten (10) of which have already been approved by the Board as indicated below:
Approved June 2, 2004:
· Two (2) appropriations (#2004079 and #2004080) in the amount of $34,237.01 for various school programs and grants;
· One (1) appropriation (#2004081) in the amount of $44,300.00 for additional funding for the Circuit Court Clerk’s office.
Approved July 7, 2004:
· Two (2) appropriations (#2004082 and #2004083) in the amount of $30,534.39 for various school programs;
· One (1) appropriation (#2004084) in the amount of $43,900.00 for funding for additional work involving the Southern Urban Area B study.
Approved August 4, 2004:
· Two (2) appropriations (#2004085 and #2004088) in the amount of $23,002.32, for various school programs and grants;
· One (1) appropriation (#2004087) reimbursing the Capital Improvement Fund from the Food Service Fund Balance for cafeteria equipment purchased during the construction of Baker-Butler school in the amount of $188,647.00;
· One (1) appropriation (#2004086) in the amount of $113,736.12, funding expenditures for the Joint ECC mobile data project.
The four (4) new appropriations are as follows:
· Two (2) appropriations (#2004090 and #2004091) in the amount of $78,617.59 for various school programs and grants;
· One (1) appropriation (#2004092) in the amount of $26,243.92 for the Bulletproof Vest Grant;
· One (1) appropriation (#2004093) in the amount of $329,000.00 for FY 2004 over-expenditures.
A detailed description of these requests is provided on Attachment A.
Staff recommends approval of the FY 2004 Budget Amendment in the amount of $912,218.35, after the public hearing, and then approval of Appropriations #2004090, #2004091, #2004092, and #2004093 to provide funds for various General Government and School programs as described in Attachment A.
View Attachment A
Return to regular agenda