1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
4. From the Public: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
5. Consent Agenda (on next page).
6. 9:15 a.m. – Board-to-Board Presentation, School Board Chairman.
7. 9:30 a.m. – Transportation Matters:
a. Criteria Utilized to Rank Secondary Roads.
b. Sun Ridge Road Improvement Project (RIP-99-001).
c. Transportation Matters not Listed on the Agenda.
8. 10:00 a.m. – Discussion: Key West Dam repair alternatives.
10:20 a.m. – Public Hearing:
9. To receive comments on an Ordinance to amend Chapter 15, Taxation, Article X, Real Estate, of the
Albemarle County Code, by adding Section 15-1004, Property exempt from taxation by classification,
and Section 15-1005, Property exempt from taxation by
designation. The amendment would
establish and continue in Albemarle County retroactive to January 1, 2003, the property tax
exemption classification standards that existed by state law prior to the amendment of Article X of
the Constitution of Virginia effective January 1, 2003. The amendment also would establish the
process for eligible properties to apply for property tax exemption by designation.
10:30 a.m. - Recess
10. 10:40 a.m. – Report: Total Rewards Program.
11. 11:00 a.m. - Update on COB Renovations.
12. 11:20 a.m. – Acquisition of Conservation Easements (ACE) Program Review Criteria.
13. 11:40 a.m. – Work Session: Architectural Review Board (ARB) Sign Guidelines.
14. 12:10 p.m. – Presentation of draft report: Southern Urban Area “B” Study.
15. 12:40 p.m. - Closed Session: Personnel and Legal Matters.
16. Certify Closed Session.
18. 1:45 p.m. - Work Session: STA 01-08 - Comprehensive Revision of the Subdivision Ordinance
2:00 p.m. – Public Hearings:
19. SP-2004-00021. Margaret Engle, Ballet School (Sign #30). Request to allow priv Ballet School in accord w/Sec 220.127.116.11 of the Zoning Ord which allows for priv schools. TM 60, Ps 25A&25B contains approx 5.6 acs. Znd C1. Loc on Rt 250W (Ivy Rd), approx 1/10 mile W of intersec of Ivy Rd & Rt 29/Rt 250 Bypass. Samuel Miller Dist.
20. Community Facilities Plan. Proposal to amend the Community Facilities Plan, a component of the Comprehensive Plan, including sections on overall service objectives, and sections pertaining to Police, Fire/Rescue, Schools and Library facilities.
21. 2:30 p.m. – CPA-2003-006. Rural Areas Comprehensive Plan Amendment.
22. 2:50 p.m. – Consideration of policy regarding Community Development Authorities (CDAs).
23. 3:15 p.m. – Update on North Pointe rezoning.
24. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
25. Adjourn to September 8, 2004 at 4:00 p.m.
5.1 Public hearing to include W A Wells property (Loc on Polo Grounds
Road) in the Albemarle
County Service Authority jurisdictional areas. (Defer public hearing until October 13, 2004).
5.2 Sheriff's Compensation, request for supplement.
resolution designating segment of Allen Road (Route 666) from Route 664 to end
maintenance as Rural Rustic Road.
5.4 Set public hearing on Routes 22/231 Through Truck Restriction.
County Executive to sign agreement with the Thomas Jefferson Soil and Water Conservation
District (TJSWCD) for County stormwater permit compliance.
5.6 Adopt Resolution of Intent to amend the Comprehensive Plan to incorporate the Stormwater Master Plan.
5.7 County of Albemarle 2003 Development Activity Report as prepared by the Department of Community Development.
5.8 Draft copy of Planning Commission minutes for June 8, June 15, June 29, July 13, July 27 and
August 10, 2004.
5.9 VDOT Monthly Report for September 2004.
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|