1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
4. From the Public: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
5. Consent Agenda (on next page).
6. SP-2004-00018. Leroy and Helen Moyer – ALLTEL/Nix Way (Sign #64). Public hearing on a request to allow construction of personal wireless fac w/ monopole, approx 80 ft in total height & 10 ft above the height of the tallest tree w/in 25 ft. The proposed fac includes flush-mounted panel antennas & ground equipment, in accord w/ Sec 10.2.2.6 of the Zoning Ord, which allows for microwave & radio-wave transmission & relay towers in the RA. TM 92, P 56B3, contains 8.98 acs. Znd RA & EC Overlay Dist. Loc on Rt 53 (Thomas Jefferson Pkway), approx 1.3 mls E of intersect of Thomas Jefferson Pkway & Rt 795 (James Monroe Pkway). Scottsville Dist.
7. CPA-2003-007 – Crozet Master Plan. Public hearing on a request to amend the Land Use Plan section of the Albemarle County Comprehensive Plan by replacing the existing profile of the Crozet Community with new land use policies, guidelines, recommendations, goals & strategies for future development within the Crozet development area. The amended profile will include a guide that identifies the purpose & major findings & recommendations resulting from the Crozet master plan study; provide strategies for implementing the proposed Crozet master plan, including strategies for business & economic development, affordable housing, funding improvements, & for implementing the plan; & provide guidelines for the process & form of development within the Crozet development area through narratives, maps, illustrations & site development guidelines, including recommendations for public services, public utilities, social services, schools, historic areas, parks & recreation, greenways, & transportation. This amendment also will establish new comprehensive plan land use designations for the Crozet development area & change existing designations throughout the Crozet development area, as shown on the map entitled "Master Plan: Place Type & Site Development Guidelines Map."
8. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
5.1 SP-2003-70. Gregory R. Galllihugh-Nextel Partners (Sign #59). (Applicant requests withdrawal).
5.2 ZMA-2003-05. The Meadows Expansion Amendment (Sign #57). (Remove from agenda.)
5.3 Ordinance regarding real estate property taxation exemption – Amending Chapter 15, to set public hearing for September 1, 2004.
5.4 Set public hearing for September 1, 2004, to include W A Wells property (Located on Polo Grounds Road) in the Albemarle County Service Authority jurisdictional areas.
5.6 Copy of application filed with the Virginia State Corporation Commission by Verizon Virginia Inc.and Verizon South Inc. for approval of Plan for Alternative Regulation (Case No. PUE-2004-00092).
5.7 Copy of draft Planning Commission minutes for July 27, 2004.