1. Call to Order.
2. Pledge of Allegiance.
3. Moment of Silence.
4. From the Public: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
5. Consent Agenda (on next page).
6. Transportation Matters:
Transportation Matters not Listed on the Agenda.
6a. Presentation: Water Supply Alternatives.
7. 10:00 a.m. - Virginia Housing Development Authority Affordable Housing Campaign, Overview of Housing
8. 10:15 a.m. - Public hearing to consider adoption of an ordinance to amend section 2-104, Samuel Miller
Magisterial District, of Article I, Elections, of Chapter 2, Administration, of the Albemarle County Code to
change the polling place for the East Ivy Precinct of the Samuel Miller Magisterial District from the Kappa
Sigma Auditorium, 2445 Ivy Road, to the Miller Center, 2201Old Ivy Road.
10:25 a.m. - Recess
9. 10:40 a.m. - Discussion: Urban Development Position.
10. 11:00 a.m.: Update: North Pointe/CDA.
11. 11:20 a.m. - Work Session: CPA-2004-03. Community Facilities Plan.
12. Closed Session: Personnel and Legal Matters.
13. Certify Closed Session.
2:00 p.m. – Public Hearings:
15. SP-2004-0013. Old Trail Golf Club Amendment (Signs #36,40,44&87). Public hearing on a request to amend SP-02-16 to remove condition #2, regarding alignment of the road serving golf course being in conformity w/ Crozet Master Plan, once adopted. TM 55, Ps 71, 103F & 105 & TM 56, P 17B. Znd RA. White Hall Dist.
16. SP-2004-0014. Gary T. Dalton (Sign #89). Public hearing on a request to allow Home Occupation Class
B for Furniture Making in accord w/ Sec 10.2.2.31 of the Zoning Ord, which allows for Home Occupations
Class B. TM 94, P 90, contains 2.1 acs. Znd RA. Loc on Rt 828 (3830 Whitetail Lane), approx .25 mls
from intersec of Whitetail Lane & Rt 808 (Running Deer Rd). Scottsville Dist.
17. From the Board: Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
18. Room 235 - 2:30 p.m. - Work Session: Subdivision Text Amendment.
5.1 SP-2002-032. Dan's Automart (Sign #42). (Remove from agenda. Deferred indefinitely by
5.2 SP-2004-0016. Forest Lakes North Swim and Tennis Club (Signs #23&94). (Applicant requests
deferral until October 6, 2004).
5.3 SP-2004-0017. Forest Lakes South Swim and Tennis Club (Sign #18).). (Applicant requests
deferral until October 6, 2004).
5.4 Adoption of resolution forgiving outstanding loan balances owed to the County by various Volunteer Fire and
5.5 Requested FY 2004 Appropriations.
5.6 Requested FY 2005 Appropriations.
5.7 Adoption of resolution approving filing of application to the Virginia Public School Authority for loan in
principal amount not to exceed $9,630,300.
5.8 Adoption of an ordinance to approve an Amendment to the Jefferson Area Board of Aging (“JABA”) Joint
Exercise of Powers Agreement to increase the size of the Board of JABA and to have the membership of
the Boards of JABA and of JABA, Inc., be identical.
5.9 Devon Mobile Communications, L.P. proposed settlement.
5.10 Adoption of resolution authorizing County Executive to settle disputed tax assessments.
5.11 Copy of letter dated July 12, 2004 from John Shepherd, Manager of Zoning Administration, to Richard E.
Carter, re: Official Determination of Development Rights and Parcels – Tax Map 105, Parcel 11
(property of Grant E. Cosner or Barbara H. Cosner) Section 10.3.1.
5.12 Copy of letter dated July 12, 2004 from John Shepherd, Manager of Zoning Administration, to Richard E.
Carter, re: Official Determination of Development Rights and Parcels – Tax Map 105, Parcels 35 and
48 (property of Buck Island L.L.C.) Section 10.3.1.
5.13 Copy of letter dated July 16, 2004 from John Shepherd, Manager of Zoning Administration, to Tara Rowan
Boyd, re: Official Determination of Development Rights and Parcels – Tax Map 41, Parcel 47 & Tax
Map 42, Parcels 3, 7 & 8 (property of C. Wilson McNeely, III and Carter F. McNeely) Section 10.3.1.
5.14 Copy of Albemarle County Service Authority’s operating budget for FY 2005.
5.15 Copy of application filed with the Virginia State Corporation Commission by Virginia Electric and Power
Company to revise its market prices for generation and resulting wires charges for Calendar Year 2005
(Case No. PUE-2001-00306).
5.16 Report of Examination of Schedule of the Director of Finance’s Accountability to the Commonwealth for the
period July 1, 2003 through June 30, 2004, as prepared by the Auditor of Public Accounts.
5.17 Copy of draft Planning Commission minutes for April 6 and June 1, 2004.
5.18 Strategic Plan Quarterly Report.
5.19 VDOT Monthly Report for August 2004.
|Return to Top of Agenda|
|Return to Board of Supervisors Home Page|
|Return to County Home Page|