May 6, 2004
Glave & Holmes Associates
801 E. Main Street, Suite 300
Richmond, VA 23219
RE: SP-03-91 Kappa Sigma International Memorial Headquarters; Tax Map 91, Parcel 16
Dear Ms. Garrett:
The Albemarle County Planning Commission, at its meeting on April 27, 2004, by a vote of 7:0, recommended approval of the above-noted petition to the Board of Supervisors. Please note that this approval is subject to the following conditions:
1. The site shall be developed in general accord with the plans, entitled Kappa Sigma Fraternity Headquarters, dated April 2, 2004;
2. Lighting of the site shall be limited as follows:
a. Light levels at the property line shall be no greater than 0.001 foot candles;
b. No flood lighting of the building is permitted;
c. Only the parking lot north of the building shall be allowed pole lights;
d. Utilize bollard type lights in place of pole lights whenever possible. Use only full cutoff fixtures; and
e. Site and building illumination shall be limited to the satisfaction of the ARB.
3. Final site plans shall show a reservation for future vehicular and pedestrian connections to adjacent parcels to the north and south;
4. Final site plans shall show a pedestrian connection from the ped/bike pathway on Route 20 into the site;
5. A right turn and taper shall be constructed at the entrance in Route 20’ to the satisfaction of VDOT;
6. Landscaping shall be provided to limit the impact of the storm water area on the Entrance Corridor to the satisfaction of the ARB; and
7. The Applicant shall construct public water service to the site via extension of the existing Albemarle County Service Authority water line located on the west side of Route 20 and public sewer service via extension of the existing Albemarle County Service Authority sewer line located along Route 20 and the Cow Branch Creek, generally as provided in the report entitled, Preliminary Engineering Report Water and Sewer Facilities for kappa Sigma Headquarters by Draper Aden Associates, dated March 30, 2004.
View staff report
View PC actions of March 16
Return to regular agenda
Please be advised that the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors will review this petition and receive public comment at their meeting on May 12, 2004. Any new or additional information regarding your application must be submitted to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at least seven days prior to your scheduled hearing date.
If you should have any questions or comments regarding the above noted action, please do not hesitate to contact me (434) 296-5823.
Cc: Ella Carey