A RESOLUTION ENDORSING JARMANS GAP ROAD
IN ALBEMARLE COUNTY
WHEREAS, the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) held a Public Information Meeting to solicit input on the proposed design concept for Jarmans Gap Road (Route 691) (Project 0691-002-258, C501), located in Albemarle County, Virginia. Two design alternatives were presented for consideration at the informational meeting – Option A and Option B; and
WHEREAS, 174 written comments were received. The comments were essentially evenly split between the two options; and
WHEREAS, after reviewing the options, public and written comments, and considering all aspects of the proposed project, VDOT recommends Option “A” for the following reasons:
· it has least impact to historic properties;
· it is the least expensive option;
· it will facilitate the use of Federal funds;
· it will avoid an expensive environmental remediation.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that the Albemarle County Board of Supervisors, does hereby endorse Option "A" with the proposed modifications by the Virginia Department of Transportation which will reduce property impacts, reduce overall project costs and allow the project to be built sooner:
· limiting the sidewalk to one side of the road; and
· terminating road construction at Gray Rock Subdivision with the continuation of shoulder improvements for bicycle traffic all the way to Route 684.
* * * * * * * *
View VDOT attachments
Return to regular agenda