Finance Home  |  Transient Occupancy Tax

Every hotel, motel, tourist home, or other lodging place that for compensation, furnishes lodging to any person on a transient basis (30 consecutive days or less) must collect the appropriate transient tax.  Those entities collecting such tax are required to register with the Director of Finance and file the appropriate returns on a monthly basis.  The tax rate is 5% of the hotel/motel bill.