Northside Library Project
Proposed Library Schematic
The Northside Library project will provide a permanent location for the Northside Library at 705 Rio Road (former Phillips Building) and also will provide long-term County warehouse/ storage space at a significant cost savings to the County. The new facility, involving repurposing of an existing building, will provide approximately 30,000 square feet of library space, and over 20,000 square feet of warehouse space. Construction is anticipated to begin in early 2014 with completion late 2014/early 2015.
- Community Meeting #1 - Thursday, August 22, 2013 - 7:00 p.m. - Northside Library, Albemarle Square
- Community Meeting #2 - Thursday, September 12, 2013 - 7:00 p.m. - Northside Library, Albemarle Square
- Perspective Site Plan Information
- Updated Plan Materials - 9/26/13
- Informational Open House - Wednesday, October 9, 2013 - 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. - 2nd Floor, County Office Building, 401 McIntire Road
Following two public meetings, the consultant has developed preliminary design concepts. At the open house, the public will have an opportunity to view the progress of the design (site, interior and exterior), renderings of the design will be on display and ask questions and provide feedback to the architect and staff on the design team. An opportunity for public input will be provided during the Board of Supervisors work session following the Open House.
- Community Meeting #3 - Thursday, November 7, 2013 - 7:00 p.m. - Northside Library, Albemarle Square
- NEW! Architectural Review Board Meeting - Monday, December 2, 2013 - 1:00 p.m. - Board Room (Room 214), County Office Building, 401 McIntire Road, Charlottesville - The Northside Library project will be discussed. The meeting is open to the public and public comment is welcome.
Library Design Team:
Architects: Peter Bolek, James Shook (HBM)
Comments & Questions:
The Northside Library project is being managed by the Office of Facilities Development (434) 872-4501 and the contact is Ron Lilley at email@example.com.